Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch went out, any suggestions on what kind of clutch i need to replace it with and any other things ill need to know bout it ? Im lost!

·
Banned
126 Posts
Ok if you car is 2001-2004 gt you need 11" clutch the center force are pretty good but u can got the spec clutch, spec stage 3 it is the more usual, it is really aggressive and it handle 550-600 HP, u may be not gone to be Thad power but u are ready In case you desire build u car. But center force cost lest

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

O went u changed make short u flywheel are good, and if good chance to upgrade to the aluminum one u can get some extra HP to the rear wheel and better bite form the clutch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2000 and just the little bit ive researched ive got my eye on a F1 stage 3 clutch but really dont know much about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my first mustang so i plan on keepin it forever n im not really trying to build it too much, ill buy other ones for that!

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Just go with the stock Luk replacement. Honestly it has as muck gripping force as a Spec clutch and won't mess up the rest of your clutch parts.

·
Banned
126 Posts
I just say, you can got a king cobra clutch, Thad is the closes one to the factory, a little more strong, but you start to do bolt on, ship and maybe a SC, Thad clutch no gone to hold thad power, so you have to buy other clutch, went u can use Thad money in something else. If you need a clutch get a good one.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

And all them have pretty much the same price,

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
2003CobraSvt said:
I just say, you can got a king cobra clutch, Thad is the closes one to the factory, a little more strong, but you start to do bolt on, ship and maybe a SC, Thad clutch no gone to hold thad power, so you have to buy other clutch, went u can use Thad money in something else. If you need a clutch get a good one.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

And all them have pretty much the same price,
You did read that he's keepin it mostly stock right?

·
Banned
126 Posts
Hi say hi not gone to built to much, but hi gone to something on, clutch no made HP, my question, why buy a ship clutch went for the same price pretty much hi can get the good one ? We here no to argument each ether, if only help people and us to pick the best choice, what do you think factory clutch are better?

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
I can't speak for other clutches but the stock has just as much grabbing force as a Spec stage 1, and it won't stretch out the clutch cable like a Spec. I had a buddy snap his quadrant and stretch out the clutch cable cause he had a King Cobra clutch in it.

·
Banned
126 Posts
Ok every one have a different opinion, it is ok, but u thing was a clutch how course Thad problem, it can be because the cable was kind of old 2

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Yes that's very true. Either way the OP gets to decide. Sorry for arguing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So no f1 clutch? Lol im kinda strapped for cash works slow, or if its tht big of a difference ill wait

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
An upgraded clutch is always nice. However if you aren't planning on pushing a lot of power then why spend the extra money?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have a brand new king cobra clutch and throw out bearing im willing to sell for $100. It came in a kit but I'm going to put my original one back in, just using the other parts out of the kit. Im not 100% sure if a 95 will fit in 99-04.

·
Registered
64 Posts
For your application. A Spec Stage 1, or OEM 03-04 Cobra clutch setup. Spec Stage 1-2+ do not have much more than a stock pedal feel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
while they are in there if they don't include it... change the throwout bearing as well.. it is like a $40 dollar item so it is well worth it.. the cost to pen it back up later will be $200-$300 in labor...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts