Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch is making this tiny almost like squeaky sound when I put my foot on the clutch it stops. Does anybody know what this is?

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Throw-out bearing is resting on the pressure plate fingers. Search for the Free-Play mod, a member named Azure wrote it up. It will help keep the throw-out bearing from resting on the pressure plate.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have the same problem..just been dealing with it, been meaning to do Azures freeplay mod but not sure if I wanna go through with it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Throw-out bearing is what I've heard. Is there any way to be sure that this is the problem?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If its a chirp/squeak type noise, and goes away with very light pressure to the pedal, it's def the throw out bearing resting on the pressure plate fingers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nail on the head that is exactly it. Is this part pricy and can I do it myself. Thank for the knowledge pro

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
JDF said:
Throw-out bearing is resting on the pressure plate fingers. Search for the Free-Play mod, a member named Azure wrote it up. It will help keep the throw-out bearing from resting on the pressure plate.
+1 had the same problem and tht was the problem

·
Registered
280 Posts
+1

Works if you tob isn't toast, mine was.
Went ahead and bit the bullet and changed clutch, throw out bearing and pilot bearing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts