Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has replaced one of these and how much did it suck to replace? I can see some wetness, pedal stuck to the floor a couple of times before parking it in the garage and the brake reservoir is half way down from the full line. I'm not sure if I want to tackle this or just have Ford do it
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Hood Automotive wheel system
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Tread Automotive lighting

· Administrator
1,654 Posts
Are you talking about the plastic eyelet?

· Registered
4 Posts
Who has replaced one of these and how much did it suck to replace? I can see some wetness, pedal stuck to the floor a couple of times before parking it in the garage and the brake reservoir is half way down from the full line. I'm not sure if I want to tackle this or just have Ford do it
View attachment 305532 View attachment 305533 View attachment 305534 View attachment 305535
It cost me $160 for the part and 1-hour to install because I am not mechanical. I had the same problem. Watched the video on American Muscle, CJ pony parts, and YouTube before I did the work.

· Registered
4 Posts
It cost me $160 for the part and 1-hour to install because I am not mechanical. I had the same problem. Watched the video on American Muscle, CJ pony parts, and YouTube before I did the work.
I also ungraded the clutch assist spring with the Steeda clutch assist spring kit. Another $160. Took a little longer because I am not a mechanic. You don’t need the spring but the Steeda spring is more responsive Than the stock.

· Administrator
1,654 Posts
No the whole assembly, looks to be wet from seepage
Looks pretty simple, but I don’t even do most simple stuff anymore. 5-6 years ago I would, but age and arthritis has convinced me otherwise.

Reactions: my89foxbody

· Registered
4 Posts
I also ungraded the clutch assist spring with the Steeda clutch assist spring kit. Another $160. Took a little longer because I am not a mechanic. You don’t need the spring but the Steeda spring is more responsive Than the stock.
TOTALLY understandable. That was the limit of my ability. Don’t know if you have a trusted mechanic. Parts are easy to get. Maybe he/she will give you a break on a one hour install.

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was a shop mechanic for 15 years in my past life. My body took a lot of beatings turning wrenches on late 70s 80s and 90s cars. I bounced out and into hvac in 2006. Then in 2011 I slipped and fell leaving a site and tore the rotator cuff in my left shoulder fully through about an inch long. Now I have a desk job more or less and would rather just pay the dealer to do it. I wouldn't fair well under the dash with this shoulder

· Registered
4 Posts
I was a shop mechanic for 15 years in my past life. My body took a lot of beatings turning wrenches on late 70s 80s and 90s cars. I bounced out and into hvac in 2006. Then in 2011 I slipped and fell leaving a site and tore the rotator cuff in my left shoulder fully through about an inch long. Now I have a desk job more or less and would rather just pay the dealer to do it. I wouldn't fair well under the dash with this shoulder
I agree! Why not let someone else bust their knuckles. You paid your dues and then some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts