Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I go to push my clutch pedal in it makes a grinding screeching sound and when I let it out it still makes a little squeaky sound. Anyone have an idea what it could be? I'm thinking its throw out bearing but is there anyway I can tell with dropping trans first?

·
Registered
99 Posts
As the sound continues after releasing the clutch, it points to the throw out bearing. The only way the pilot bearing would continue to make noise is if the clutch is slipping. No matter what, time to buy a new clutch package. Replace everything, it is silly not to as you have it apart. Be sure to resurface the flywheel. Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As the sound continues after releasing the clutch, it points to the throw out bearing. The only way the pilot bearing would continue to make noise is if the clutch is slipping. No matter what, time to buy a new clutch package. Replace everything, it is silly not to as you have it apart. Be sure to resurface the flywheel. Good luck.
So order clutch kit, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and might as well buy new slave cylinder right? Then resurface the flywheel if needed?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea nvm I have my parts list down now...wasn't thinking that I don't even have a slave cylinder lol. But thanks for all of your feedback. So with that said I'm ordering clutch kit, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, clutch fork, and new flywheel.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Make sure to use the ford racing TOB and pilot bearings. They usually hold up much better the the ones in the kits. And I don't know it it is necessary, but I replaced my fork when I did my clutch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure to use the ford racing TOB and pilot bearings. They usually hold up much better the the ones in the kits. And I don't know it it is necessary, but I replaced my fork when I did my clutch.
Yupp I ordered the ford racing pilot and throw out bearings I ordered brand new steel flywheel just to be sure a clutch fork and full clutch kit and the arp bolts and dowel kit. But I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You are approaching it correctly. Thing is, having those shards dump out of the bell housing points to them possibly being imbedded into the clutch at this point. Having the parts on hand when you tear it apart is smarter than tearing it apart and not having a critical part. Truth is, you can probably have the flywheel resurfaced just fine, but having a new one on hand is easy to do, then you can always have the one you take out resurfaced and coated with LP3 for the future or sell on e bay.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
811 Posts
You are approaching it correctly. Thing is, having those shards dump out of the bell housing points to them possibly being imbedded into the clutch at this point. Having the parts on hand when you tear it apart is smarter than tearing it apart and not having a critical part. Truth is, you can probably have the flywheel resurfaced just fine, but having a new one on hand is easy to do, then you can always have the one you take out resurfaced and coated with LP3 for the future or sell on e bay.
Best of luck.
Whats lp3

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Best of luck.
It was the throw out bearing (shredded). I replaced clutch flywheel clutch fork throw out bearing and pilot bearing it feels better then ever. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts