Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket clutch. i've driven a gt and a saleen and i love the clutches in those cars. nice and tight. i hate the soft pedal in my 6. i want something tighter and also am lookign to get the kit to bring it inline with the brake. any info/opinions would be a great help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ive always used Ram or Centerforce clutch's, love em

·
Banned
16 Posts
Wouldn't something like the steeda clutch quadrant provide a similar result? I've thought about getting one of those for my stang, but I've never heard anyone give a real accurate description of what it changes...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure exactly what the adjuster does. the mm clutch pedal adjuster is what brings the pedal in line with the break. the quadrant and cable i THINK are just for adjustments. the quadrant serves some purpose but i have no clue what.

·
Banned
16 Posts
rob989_69 said:
not sure exactly what the adjuster does. the mm clutch pedal adjuster is what brings the pedal in line with the break. the quadrant and cable i THINK are just for adjustments. the quadrant serves some purpose but i have no clue what.
Yeah... that's my problem with finding answers... everyone seems to have an idea about what it does... but nobody seems to actually know. :oops:

Ah well... the search goes on... :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you can get a nice SPEC stage 1 or 2 clutch and that will give you a nice firm feeling www.supersixmotorsports.com has them for sale

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, heres what I believe as far as the clutch quadrant. Its the pivot between the pedal and the transmission basically. u push the clutch, which pulls the cable, which in turn moves the quadrant to disengage the clutch. Again, this is a somewhat educated guess. But I think I at least got the jist of it. Anyone who really KNOWS please help shed some light. :-?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts