Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im looking into doing an exedy 350 clutch kit on my 05 gt(americanmuscle.com) I have underdrive pulleys, no cats, axleback and tune. I want to know if you guys think i can get away with resurfacing my stock flywheel and buying the exedy slave cylinder/throwout bearing. I cant afford replacing all 3 so i wanna know everyones take and what they have done? I take the car to the track a few times a year so that does play into it

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Yes you can resurface the flywheel

·
Lorraine's driver
7,754 Posts
I have an Exedy stage 1 and it has been working good. I have close to 3,000 miles on it. I had my flywheel resurfaced, and its fine, but I wish I had the money at the time to upgrade. As long as it hasn't been resurfaced before, it should be fine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an Exedy stage 1 and it has been working good. I have close to 3,000 miles on it. I had my flywheel resurfaced, and its fine, but I wish I had the money at the time to upgrade. As long as it hasn't been resurfaced before, it should be fine.
Did you replace the slave cylinder also? How many miles do you have

·
Lorraine's driver
7,754 Posts
Did you replace the slave cylinder also? How many miles do you have
That's where our cars differ. I have an 2004 Mach 1. You have a hydraulic clutch, and mine is a cable setup. But, I would think the clutches are similar in quality and performance. They have the same torque capability. The kit should come with a new pilot bearing, but I would pickup a FRPP pilot bearing. They are better quality and are only $12 on American Muscle. I also replaced my throw out bearing with FRPP as they are the best quality. For you guys with hydraulic TOB's, I'm not sure what the best options are. I see Exedy sells a hydraulic TOB on AM. Hopefully one of the 05-09 guys chimes in to help with the TOB and the slave cylinder. It's good to replace what you can while the tranny has to be removed. This way you don't have to remove the tranny just to put in a new TOB.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Changed every bearing when you change the clutch, saves your trouble down the road

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I think im going to do the clutch kit and slave cylinder and resurface the flywheel. Any clutch suggestions that arent terribly expensive?
I like my CenterForce DF, have about 15,000 miles on it

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I think im going to do the clutch kit and slave cylinder and resurface the flywheel. Any clutch suggestions that arent terribly expensive?
That will be perfect. It's always best to replace your slave cylinder and pilot bearing when doing a clutch. The Exedy clutches have given themselves a good rep because of their quality vs price tag. They also come with a replacement pilot bearing, too.

Shane

·
Registered
105 Posts
Stock clutch for mine was $700. :WTF: That's fkn nuts!
Bought my stock clutch off eBay for $100.00 including shipping. Clutch pressure plate and flywheel. Guaranteed under 1000 miles. It was a takeoff looks like it was never used

1 - 16 of 16 Posts