Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new clutch put in a new clutch Pedal assembly. everything is installed and now my clutch seems to be slipping on acceleration and I was wondering what's proper techniques for adjustment and if there are any tips or tricks

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I installed a new clutch put in a new clutch Pedal assembly. everything is installed and now my clutch seems to be slipping on acceleration and I was wondering what's proper techniques for adjustment and if there are any tips or tricks
What did you put in for a new clutch pedal assembly?
Are you using the factory adjustment system or aftermarket?
Factory or aftermarket cable and quadrant?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clutch was old and wore out, 1990 pedal assembly because clutch was out of adjustment so tight that it stripped the shaft that the quadrant is connected to. Using steeds firewall and quadrant. I have it shifting well, but if I accelerate even a little hard it slips. I'm thinking maybe it's just a little disengage by my rookie adjustment is too close to disengaging the clutch

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Clutch was old and wore out, 1990 pedal assembly because clutch was out of adjustment so tight that it stripped the shaft that the quadrant is connected to. Using steeds firewall and quadrant. I have it shifting well, but if I accelerate even a little hard it slips. I'm thinking maybe it's just a little disengage by my rookie adjustment is too close to disengaging the clutch
I'd say you have it set to tight. You need to adjust for a bit of freeplay to ensure the pressure plate is able to apply full clamping force.

·
Registered
108 Posts
pull up on clutch petal and it release the pressure the clutch should in simple form adjust it self but never had luck with that had to adjust manual by hand

1 - 12 of 12 Posts