Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Looking to replace my clutch any recommendations?
There was a guy talkin about it in the Shelby section already. Did you read that? Have you had any trouble out of your clutch? There evidentially was a service bulletin about our years clutch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a guy talkin about it in the Shelby section already. Did you read that? Have you had any trouble out of your clutch? There evidentially was a service bulletin about our years clutch.
I may have missed it.. Yes, it is at ford now getting looked at. Missing the shelby! Been gone for 3 days. Thinking I'm going through withdrawals.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
What was happening with it? Mines not acting up. It has me scared to death now. What are they going to do to your baby?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What was happening with it? Mines not acting up. It has me scared to death now. What are they going to do to your baby?
The previous owner had it replaced in 09 per TSB, but they put the same defective clutch back in it. Hissing notice, a lot of chatter, very stiff, sometimes grinds going into gear. I have power train warranty until may and just found out the previous owner had extended warranty, so transferred it over to me. Now I have coverage until 2014. They are supposed to be putting on the lift and having their transmission tech look at it. Should know more this afternoon, hopefully.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
891 Posts
If it's on Ford's dime, let them worry about it.
..... ( no one @ Ford works on my car, my tuner will replace my clutch ) ( Spec Stage 3+ )

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's on Ford's dime, let them worry about it.
..... ( no one @ Ford works on my car, my tuner will replace my clutch ) ( Spec Stage 3+ )
Yes, ford will be paying for it. If it was coming out of my pocket I would probable go spec or McLeod clutch.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Are they putting the same clutch back in it again? Mine hisses and chatters a little. No grinding into gears though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are they putting the same clutch back in it again? Mine hisses and chatters a little. No grinding into gears though.
No, they finally it it right in 2010 with the clutch. So putting the revised and better one in.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I dnt grind 1-2, should I be worried? Should I take mine in anyway?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I'm not having any problems. Just scared the crap out of me. How is yours now?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts