Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seat on Spec stage one clutch and the aluminum flywheel is there anything I need to know before installing I have a 04 what dose it mean if the weight needs to be balanced? Interior or exterior??? Help???

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm seat on Spec stage one clutch and the aluminum flywheel is there anything I need to know before installing I have a 04 what dose it mean if the weight needs to be balanced? Interior or exterior??? Help???
The weight being balanced.. that's talking about the flywheel being balanced to spin correctly. I'm pretty sure they're already balanced out of the box. Someone else will have more info for you about that on here. But the whole process is fairly simple. You have to drop your exhaust, take out your driveshaft, unbolt the trans brace, unplugg the o2 sensors from your cats before dropping them, unbolt the bellhousing then drop your trans. Might I suggest getting a RAM or ZOOM clutch and flywheel? Theyre better brands than spec.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The weight being balanced.. that's talking about the flywheel being balanced to spin correctly. I'm pretty sure they're already balanced out of the box. Someone else will have more info for you about that on here. But the whole process is fairly simple. You have to drop your exhaust, take out your driveshaft, unbolt the trans brace, unplugg the o2 sensors from your cats before dropping them, unbolt the bellhousing then drop your trans. Might I suggest getting a RAM or ZOOM clutch and flywheel? Theyre better brands than spec.
I just installed the spec stage 2 last week. Absolutely love it.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Juts finished installing the excedy yesterday and no noises or nothing, I just got my flywheel resurfaced. It's like a total of 3 hours, hardest part was getting the tranny back on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts