Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch suddenly got very soft and it never gets fully into gear and i cant over take cause the engine will just rev and the car won't accelerate well at all. Is there anyway i can adjust the clutch it is the factory cable. All help is appreciated

·
Registered
493 Posts
My clutch suddenly got very soft and it never gets fully into gear and i cant over take cause the engine will just rev and the car won't accelerate well at all. Is there anyway i can adjust the clutch it is the factory cable. All help is appreciated
Lift up on the pedal until you hear a click. I have an adjustable quadrant, but im fairly sure this is how the factory setup is adjusted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It did click however it only clicked once and didn't really do anything i could tell

·
Registered
41 Posts
Idk about your particular model, or how much power your pushing, but for an oem replacement on my 97 cobra is around 100 bucks.....but high end twin disks can cost quite a bit more than that, all depending on what company your most comfortable with

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
How much would a new clutch cost? Ive heard something about twin clutch kits
You really don't need a twin disc clutch. It would be harder to push in and I'm sure you aren't in need of that set up.

You need to verify that you have the stock quadrant, if you don't then the clutch pedal adjustment won't work. If its an aftermarket quadrant then you will likely have to get under the car to adjust it if you don't have a firewall adjuster. If you adjust it and it still slips then a stock replacement should do fine, or the king cobra clutch is a cheap and effective upgrade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do have the stock quadrant i believe but the clicking on the pedal when pulled did help some. I can get up my driveway now but still no making full contact. I've found a FRPP clutch. Is that a good upgrade its $200

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I do have the stock quadrant i believe but the clicking on the pedal when pulled did help some. I can get up my driveway now but still no making full contact. I've found a FRPP clutch. Is that a good upgrade its $200
Yes, that's the king cobra clutch I pointing out. :good:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just bought and installed a exedy stage 1 in my 95 and love it!!!! Also AM used it it in their project car. It ran $200.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I just installed the orielly clutch grabs really well was only 80 or so, get your flywheel resurfaced, get a new pilot and throwout/release bearing, to adjust your cable get under your dash and find the stock quadrant, with one hand depress the clutch fully with the other grab and hold the quadrant and release the clutch its hard to hold, but you'll feel it click 3-4 times (thats the best way to do it). Let me know if you have questions

1 - 13 of 13 Posts