Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i really want an aftermarket clutch but dont know which to get i saw the ram clutch in one of our sponsor sites and dont know if it is good

Ram Clutch Kit 94-03

Delivers Approx. 30% More Clamping Power. All Brand New Parts. Fits all V6 applications. Ram Kit Includes Throwout Bearings & Alignment Tool for correct installation.​

$229.99​

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
113 Posts
no problems so far, except that when i first start it up the throwout bearing, i think, makes noise for a second and also when it gets wet and i slightly spin my tires. must have been that ******* that installed it forgot to grease the grease points.

·
Registered
113 Posts
spec is a brand just like ram. i have a stage 1. it's handles 400hp and 285ftlbs which is more than enough for my 145 underfed horses. i got mine from a place called s and r racing. i found it searching on the web, they're located in pa. at the time they had the lowest price. it comes with press. plate, disc, pilot bearing, release bearing and alignment tool. i didn't use the bearings though. i used ford bearings.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i don't know the rating on the ram clutch but for some reason the spec looked like a better quality clutch. they also offer lightweight clutches but i don't know if they are available for the v6s. it cost me $269 shipped from s and r racing (i know, it's expensive) but that's the cheapest i could find i don't have the address but you can google it. i've had it for about 3 months now even thought i didn't need a new clutch. (i was having a spec aluminum flywheel installed but it was the wrong one.) i think they might still have it the cheapest.

any way the clutch works great. but unless you're gonna do heavy mods to your engine or definately need a new clutch, the stock one is just fine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts