Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that my clutch in my stang is about to go out and I was wondering where is a good website to purchase a new clutch... I don't realy want a nother stock one..

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
spec are good but I have heard and witnessed bad things from their cheap throw out bearings, can you run an oem ford throw out bearing with a spec clutch? the stage II in my friends car is WAY stiff.... you may want to only get a stage I.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, I'm running the all metal ford OEM throwout bearing. Much better.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I still have my SPEC Throw-out bearing in. I've had it for about a year at least so about 20,000 miles or so.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine developed a crack and a whine after 2K miles.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I think I'll be buying the spec clutch not sure which stage though either 1 or 2 but I am thinking about supercharging in the far future so any advice is appreciated...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll tell you this, SPEC stands behind their products. I burned up a stage II, and they sent me a stage III for free.

I wanted to switch from a aluminum flywheel to a steel one, and they did a 1 for 1 swap.

Kudos go out to Peter and Jeff in customer service.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
michael.konor said:
I'll tell you this, SPEC stands behind their products. I burned up a stage II, and they sent me a stage III for free.

I wanted to switch from a aluminum flywheel to a steel one, and they did a 1 for 1 swap.

Kudos go out to Peter and Jeff in customer service.
You're also pushing over 400hp to the wheels with that supercharger. I'm pretty sure that's over the stage II rating.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
with just a blower and bolt ons you wont have more than 350rwhp and tq~ if even that much so you should be fine with a stage I

·
Registered
47 Posts
97Stallion said:
You're also pushing over 400hp to the wheels with that supercharger. I'm pretty sure that's over the stage II rating.
At the time, I wasn't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts