Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what it takes to make the Mustangs 4.6L V8 into the supercharged version in the 03/04 Mustang Cobra?

I have a 2001 GT with the 4.6L V8 and I'm turning it into the 03/04 Cobra. I was wanting to know what parts I need to make my 4.6L into the Eaton M112 supercharged 4.6L?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what it takes to make the Mustangs 4.6L V8 into the supercharged version in the 03/04 Mustang Cobra?

I have a 2001 GT with the 4.6L V8 and I'm turning it into the 03/04 Cobra. I was wanting to know what parts I need to make my 4.6L into the Eaton M112 supercharged 4.6L?

Thanks guys
A motor swap would be your best bet

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sounds like a bad ass project but eatons aren't very good blowers from what I hear. They produce a lot of heat and and just arnt efficient. I had a friend with a cobra tell me the eatons will burn out after a pully swap but I don't know that to be fact. But there is a bigger difference between a gt and cobra then just the blower just to start I can think of internals and heads are different plus I think the cobra blocks are aluminum. Your better off just buy a new engine

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a bad ass project but eatons aren't very good blowers from what I hear. They produce a lot of heat and and just arnt efficient. I had a friend with a cobra tell me the eatons will burn out after a pully swap but I don't know that to be fact.
Ha thanks! O yea, well I'm going to want a supercharger, what one would you rec-amend?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I am by no means a expert on the 4.6 but for my 5.0 I am eventually going Paxton. My guess would be a kb but somebody else will chime in eventually.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
You would need a custom m112 adapter plate...the ones for the v6 cost around $700 so id assume one for a 2v are around the same.

·
Registered
648 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I'm on board with everyone else here. KB or pro badger but I'm going to add whipple also. The winner of the dyno wars at the AM carshow last had a 03 cobra had a 3.4 whipple pushing 777 to the wheels
Whipple don't make a kit for a 2v as far as I know:/ that would be my first choice as well

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
If you want to make serious power out if anything you will need a forged lower end and beefed up assembly hardware anyways. You might as well budget for that. I would say your budget will run right into a full engine swap from a terminator.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
FordFan said:
Thanks guys!!!! Does anyone know where I can buy all of the parts I will need?
After you decide on what power adder you want it can all be purchased in a kit, the same goes for the motor if you want a forged bottom end you can buy a nice shortblock from DSS, MMR, etc...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts