Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the brakes in from Crossroadz Direct.com yesterday, going to tear it down tomorrow and try to get it all done this weekend, figured it was all in the same neighborhood so I saved it all to do at one time. :D I will try to get some pictures.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Cobra front brakes, MM rack bushings, and Cobra R spring

Rick0636 said:
Got the brakes in from Crossroadz Direct.com yesterday, going to tear it down tomorrow and try to get it all done this weekend, figured it was all in the same neighborhood so I saved it all to do at one time. :D I will try to get some pictures.
Awesome! I bet you'll dig that extra stopping power! :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I hope so, I really didn't want crossdrilled rotors, but this kit was actually less expensive than buying just slotted or stock rotors and calipers separately so I figured I would take the chance, they are Canadian made, cross drilled and slotted, they look good and hopefully they will last, if they don't I will replace them with slotted or stock ones. Going to have to get another front end alignment after the spring swap and would have after the aluminum rack bushing install and possibly the new brake install too, that is another reason I figured best to wait and do them all at once, keep it to just one additional front end alignment, lol. :mrgreen: OH, almost forgot, I am also planning to install Stainless front brake hoses at the same time, that is if the set I have fits, if they don't I might have to put that off til another time.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright guys, what happened to all my pictures?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had to order another set of SS brake lines from Steeda thru Crossroadz direct, I lost part of the set I bought a while back and couldn't use them, that is why my car is still up on stands, so now its going to be there til at least Tuesday. I started doing the MM aluminum rack bushing install this evening, ran out of steam and daylight and had to quit, all I have left to do is get ahold of the metal sleeves with my vise grips and pull them out and then cut them off with my hacksaw and put it all back together, shouldn't be a problem as long as the good weather holds. Bill Wenger has a very good illustrated installation of these on his site which is what I am going by. LINK http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/rack.htm I found one mistake in Bill's article, according to MM you aren't supposed to use the original washers, they supply smaller replacement washers, Bill used the originals, I dont' really see that it matters much either way though. Maybe his set didn't come with the replacement washers, or he didn't like the looks of them.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a couple of shots I took of the MM aluminum rack bushing installation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, been sitting out there on those stands for over a week now waiting for my new SS brake hoses to get here from Steeda, I am assured they will be here tomorrow, I will be so glad, I hate for my car to sit waiting for some silly part like that, lol. I was in aircraft parts supply in the Air Force, we used to call it GNORS, Grounded, Non Operational Ready for Supply, lol.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, a post script, its down off the stands for a few days now, got its front end realigned Saturday, and its driving better than ever, he found that the toe was off some up front from me installing the rack bushings, and it was also off in the rear where they installed the IRS and didnt' put it on the alignment machine afterwards! tch tch, they should always do that I guess, if any of you ever have that swap done you should probably get a four wheel alignment soon afterward if they don't do one with the swap! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts