Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the brakes in from Crossroadz Direct.com yesterday, going to tear it down tomorrow and try to get it all done this weekend, figured it was all in the same neighborhood so I saved it all to do at one time. I will try to get some pictures.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do Corey! Hope I don't run into any snags and everything fits like its supposed to. I really didn't want those cross drilled rotors, would have rather had just slotted or slotted ones, but getting them like this in the kit was the least expensive way and hopefully they will will hold up, have just heard horror stories about cracking etc. I like the way they look as long as they don't do that. These are Canadian made, hopefully they are ok, you know the Cobra calipers were made in Australia? LOL :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I GOT pictures!! not sure how great they are, but here are over a dozen...still working on the installs.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
looks good, nice big brakes :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
nice

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope this is the last time you guys shut down for days to change anything and wipe out my pictures again, lol. The reason she is still up on the stands is I lost part of my SS brake line kit, so I had to order another set from Steeda thru Crossroadz Direct and now it will be at least Tuesday til they get here. So this evening I started on the rack bushing install, got everything apart but the sleeves, got to get ahold of those with my vice grips and try to pull them like stubborn teeth or something, then cut them off and put it all back together, then when the lines get here, put them on, bleed the system and she will be ready to put the wheels on and roll.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
be careful not to crack those rotors with alot of hard braking, i would so love to have the looks of cross and drilled rotors....but for handeling and autox they are not good :(

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I am a little bit worried about that, but hopefully they will be ok. If not I will go with slotted only ones, I only got these because they came in the kit at a better price than I could get stock ones. I also like the look but have heard the stories about the cracks too. These were made by some company in Canada.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Everyone makes a big deal about drilled rotors cracking. They only crack under extreme pressure and heat in conditions like road racing. They are perfectly fine for normal street driving/racing.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well then, thank-you Zack, that eases my mind, I don't plan any all out road racing any time soon, so I should be ok. :cool: I am still waiting for my Steeda SS brake lines to get here, and we have another darned rainy day here in Central North Carolina, so I guess no great loss. I have a few different pics up in the V8 section if you haven't looked at this post there. Here are some I took when I did the MM alum. rack bushing install too.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
dammit rick, are the engine shots really necessary??? you dont have to rub in the fact that we're all missing 2 cylinders lol

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thought you might like to look at my 4.6L Mike ;).

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gosh guys, I didn't mean to.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Got it all back together today and took it out for a test run with the top down all over town, did real well, I could tell that I do need a front end alignment, other than that its all cool!!

I also put on these FRPP Bullitt Pedals, the gas pedal was a real PIA, getting that pin out, and back in especially was something else, in fact its still sticking out about 1/4 inch, never did get it in all the way, the heck with it! :eek:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts