Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
The Cobra Jet is a factory race car. No VIN and not street legal. So no typical car insurance. Possible to get track insurance though, but likely no coverage.

They do generate a lot of power and are quick!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
insurance fraud +1 lol, who knows though those cars are not street legal to begin with I dont believe!

·
Lorraine's driver
8,197 Posts
Oh man! I'm sad:( I hate to see anyone get a taste of the walls at the track. I sure hope he was okay. Seems so easy, going in a straight line, but that sticky track can make a fool of even the good drivers.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Ah man, that sucks, was the driver ok? Did you personally witness that?
I'm not sure how he made out, I'm going to find out though. I didn't see it first hand, I heard about it and just found the video on YouTube. He's a friend of a friend, he runs a tuning shop up in PA. He had a GT500 '07 and a '12 BOSS he sold to buy the CJ. The crazy part is a few weeks back I was there and this thing was running flawlessly off the showroom floor, similar wheel stand but came down a lot easier. I know it's running in the 9's at close to 140mph, at least it was.

I'll try to keep the thread updated if I find out more.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Mustang32Bill said:
Damn that sucks!! I'm going to Cecil tomorrow night
You going to run?

·
Registered
488 Posts
DWC_SmOziLLa said:
I'm not sure how he made out, I'm going to find out though. I didn't see it first hand, I heard about it and just found the video on YouTube. He's a friend of a friend, he runs a tuning shop up in PA. He had a GT500 '07 and a '12 BOSS he sold to buy the CJ. The crazy part is a few weeks back I was there and this thing was running flawlessly off the showroom floor, similar wheel stand but came down a lot easier. I know it's running in the 9's at close to 140mph, at least it was.

I'll try to keep the thread updated if I find out more.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

You going to run?
I might not sure yet... My buddies are

·
Registered
598 Posts
insurance fraud +1 lol, who knows though those cars are not street legal to begin with I dont believe!
No VIN would be a real good clue. No VIN=no traditional insurance.

Sucks that it got wrecked, but that is the risk in running a racecar. Everyone knows it going in. I doubt this will be the last one, just part of the game.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
That was a sad sad day

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So more details.

The guy who was driving wasn't the owner of the car. The driver wad OK. He was a friend of the owner and a fellow professional driver. Earlier that day the car ran a 8.9 at 150+mph. It ended up having 40k in damage. Luckily the owner had the good sense and funds to find a insurance company that would cover the car before any of this happened.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts