Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you thin of the Cobra Jet Manifold? Would you prefer the Boss? It looks awesome, performs awesome? Anyone thinking of trading out thier boss mani for the Cobra Jet?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
What do you thin of the Cobra Jet Manifold? Would you prefer the Boss? It looks awesome, performs awesome? Anyone thinking of trading out thier boss mani for the Cobra Jet?
No lol, i dont have one but ppl around here always sell it for 300(boss), im just waiting till it happens, besides in my opinion, if your car is not a 700hp car, then its a waste of money buying the cobra

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It is not out yet so we cant compare one with the other. Hopefully next month they have it out already.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
It will require $2000 in parts including the intake to run. That's a lot of money for just an intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It will require $2000 in parts including the intake to run. That's a lot of money for just an intake.
Where are you getting those 2k from???
Intake is $8** and the TB is $6**.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

Ooh i know what you mean lol, u are talking about the actual intake with the filter. Yea maybe they have an adaptor to re use the one u have

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Where are you getting those 2k from???
Intake is $8** and the TB is $6**.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

Ooh i know what you mean lol, u are talking about the actual intake with the filter. Yea maybe they have an adaptor to re use the one u have
And don't forget the tune.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind is you're going to have to spin the motor to 7700-7800 to reap the benefits. Not many are willing to do that.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
It would be a good looking upgrade. It would definitely be the talk of the car shows. Too rich for my blood but if you got that kinda dough, roll it out. Lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Curious questions, and many of the same questions I have. It's due out soon, and I think I am going to wait and see. It's currently a really expensive upgrade in comparison to the BOSS, but I really think it's going to be a sucess. It shouldn't be to expensive to install, but it will be really expensive to make good use of and practical use. The talk I herd is that it out performs the Boss. I am not a drag strip guy. Only the 1/4 mile because it's fun. I would run my car in germany (autocross/Autobahn lol).

·
Registered
453 Posts
Unless you're going to build-out the engine to handle sustained, higher RPM's in my personal opinion it's probably not going to be worthwhile for the $$$ ... but until some does it, we won't know.

Who's volunteering? :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Unless you're going to build-out the engine to handle sustained, higher RPM's in my personal opinion it's probably not going to be worthwhile for the $$$ ... but until some does it, we won't know.

Who's volunteering? :)
I thought I read somewhere that the Cobra Jet im was supposed to see significant gains throughout the entire power band, not just 7,000+ like the Boss. Also something to consider... I highly doubt it's smog legal, and this seems like a huge PITA to swap every 2 years, unlike a CAI or Xpipe.. I've been patiently awaiting to see real world results, and if it lives up to the hype I'd buy it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the Cobra Jet im was supposed to see significant gains throughout the entire power band, not just 7,000+ like the Boss. Also something to consider... I highly doubt it's smog legal, and this seems like a huge PITA to swap every 2 years, unlike a CAI or Xpipe.. I've been patiently awaiting to see real world results, and if it lives up to the hype I'd buy it.
Someone with deep pockets and an eye on experimentation needs to try it for all of us ... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts