Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got me a pair of cobra mirrors for free and was wondering how much would cost to repaint them? Shouldn't be that much I would assume. Color is black right now and I plan to repaint it True Blue.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
They are small enough you can do a decent job with rattle cans. Having it painted properly will depend on your area. Could be 40-200 bucks.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Wow, I read right over that! Free?! Yeah they are quite difficult to track down, and when you do find em, normally they cost a sizable amount. Awsome find there bud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, one of the perks of working at a dealership lol. All I did was trade for stock mirrors. Do plan to get em painted soon. Was just seeing what an average price people been paying.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Yeah, one of the perks of working at a dealership lol. All I did was trade for stock mirrors. Do plan to get em painted soon. Was just seeing what an average price people been paying.

What do ya know, I have a set of stock mirrors! Too bad they won't net me some cobra/anniversary mirrors!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do ya know, I have a set of stock mirrors! Too bad they won't net me some cobra/anniversary mirrors!

Haha. Might get lucky. ?

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Wow. If you can trade for some 03/04 Cobra side skirts do that too!

I'd have them painted by a shop. Might be pricey but hey you saved a sh*t ton not having to buy them, seriously.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
For free that is a good deal. But ppl are morons with the prices they pay for those things. Just paint the stock mirrors. Oh no they don't fold... who the **** cares?

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
For free that is a good deal. But ppl are morons with the prices they pay for those things. Just paint the stock mirrors. Oh no they don't fold... who the **** cares?
+1

I never understood why the 99 amber tail lights are so sought after. The prices they pull in are ridiculous too imo for what you are getting.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
+1

I never understood why the 99 amber tail lights are so sought after. The prices they pull in are ridiculous too imo for what you are getting.
Its because ppl want to be different. They also lose the ability to do sequential signals which looks killer vs some amber markers.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, prefer the raxiom icons over the amber lights. Looks better IMO.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you work at a dealership, why don't you walk over to the body shop and ask one of the paint guys? Take one of the paint guys out to lunch and he can paint them for free in his spare time.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,213 Posts

It's nice that they fold though lol. My car cover doesn't have mirror pockets. I got lucky because the previous owner put them on my Mach, otherwise I would have never put up the $ for them.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you work at a dealership, why don't you walk over to the body shop and ask one of the paint guys? Take one of the paint guys out to lunch and he can paint them for free in his spare time.
Seriously a good lunch or a case of beer for mirrors you should have zero issues. Would take the guy literally 15 minutes if that. Hell, go to a can release for a good local craft brewery. That's the currency most senior NCOs in the military use I'm finding out the higher in rank I get lol. Works well.

It's nice that they fold though lol. My car cover doesn't have mirror pockets. I got lucky because the previous owner put them on my Mach, otherwise I would have never put up the $ for them.
I got a real nice cover from AM with my last car specifically for Mustangs. Had the mirror pockets. Folding is a gimmick IMO unless they are power/auto fold. I honestly think the non folding ones look better especially painted.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,213 Posts
Seriously a good lunch or a case of beer for mirrors you should have zero issues. Would take the guy literally 15 minutes if that. Hell, go to a can release for a good local craft brewery. That's the currency most senior NCOs in the military use I'm finding out the higher in rank I get lol. Works well.

I got a real nice cover from AM with my last car specifically for Mustangs. Had the mirror pockets. Folding is a gimmick IMO unless they are power/auto fold. I honestly think the non folding ones look better especially painted.

Says the fella without Cobra mirrors lol.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
Says the fella without Cobra mirrors lol.
Yes because I've seen both in person. TBTH, Cobra mirrors (like the amber Cobra tails) are way more popular than they would be just because its a "thing" to have them. Whatevs, to each their own. Well... except for anyone with Altezza lights. Those ppl need to be throat punched.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts