Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I read it is a direct bolt on. Brackets for the caliper should fit with no problem, all you'll need is caliper and rotor, pads of course. Also saw you need 17" or bigger rims for the 13" suckers, :headbang:
Some recommend a 94-98 Cobra master cylinder, but other say the GT MC is just fine.
Oh and break lines two
A simple cheap upgrade for better stopping? Not to shabby

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You could upgrade to 99-04 MC. Its brake lines are 1" 1/16. The 94-98 are only 1". You only need to change piece where brake lines go. Since 1 1/16 wont go in 1" fitting.
Its supposed to take away the "spongy" feel.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
You could upgrade to 99-04 MC. Its brake lines are 1" 1/16. The 94-98 are only 1". You only need to change piece where brake lines go. Since 1 1/16 wont go in 1" fitting.
Its supposed to take away the "spongy" feel.
Are you talking about the master cylinder piston?
Brake lines are nowhere near 1", maybe you are talking about the brake line end fitting wrench size?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Are you talking about the master cylinder piston?
Brake lines are nowhere near 1", maybe you are talking about the brake line end fitting wrench size?
Don't give me hell, don't know how to post links from phone.

Its bore diameter. Google " 96-98 hydro boost master cylinder upgrade"
Don't know if it be worth it or not. My MC is starting to leak, that's how I found it.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Don't give me hell, don't know how to post links from phone.

Its bore diameter. Google " 96-98 hydro boost master cylinder upgrade"
Don't know if it be worth it or not. My MC is starting to leak, that's how I found it.
I was not "giving you hell" simply trying to clarify what you were talking about.
Too many times we get garbled posts from phone users that make little or no sense at all and we have to try and sort out what they mean. Asking you questions about what you posted was for that purpose.

Increasing the bore diameter would be a good thing in many cases as it will move more fluid with less travel. I have found numerous times over the years on different vehicles that the "factory" woefully undersized the MC bores and they were just adequate to do the job. Going to a larger bore master cylinder helped the pedal travel and feel considerably.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I was not "giving you hell" simply trying to clarify what you were talking about.
Too many times we get garbled posts from phone users that make little or no sense at all and we have to try and sort out what they mean. Asking you questions about what you posted was for that purpose.

Increasing the bore diameter would be a good thing in many cases as it will move more fluid with less travel. I have found numerous times over the years on different vehicles that the "factory" woefully undersized the MC bores and they were just adequate to do the job. Going to a larger bore master cylinder helped the pedal travel and feel considerably.
I meant giving me hell cause I can't post links lol. I know my pedal has always felt spongy. I didn't think it was the MC undersized. I just thought it was cause I needed rotors. (Car bounces bad when your hard on brakes.)

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I meant giving me hell cause I can't post links lol. I know my pedal has always felt spongy. I didn't think it was the MC undersized. I just thought it was cause I needed rotors. (Car bounces bad when your hard on brakes.)
Spongy pedal feel can be caused by several things, air in the system, old rubber lines that are damaged/weakened and expand when you hit the brakes, inferior brake pads and probably a few others I have forgotten. If your pedal pulsates and the car vibrates when you brake, then likely the rotors are warped and need to be turned or replaced.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
EastTnStang423 said:
So reading this does the replacement of the master cylinder needed for 94-95???
Id say personal choice and if needed once you run with the GT one

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm sure you won't but if you do replace the spindles and other stuff. I will take your old stuff? Just thought I would throw that out there ha. Wanna swap my 86 to 5 lug and better brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts