Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I'm planning on getting a cobra R front bumper on my car what is some of y'all opinions not on looks but functionality

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Good bumper I'd think just avoid fiberglass

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I've thought about this bumper for a long time

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I dropped it 2.5in the front and 2in in the back but I may go back to stock springs to raise it up

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Oh yea most def you will scrape, I was at 2.8 in the front and scraped everywhere with the mach 1 lip

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeahh I have the Mach 1 lip now and I scrap some but, I'm probably gonna buy some springs that raise it up maybe like 1.25" lowering springs

·
Registered
370 Posts
The Cobra R front bumper is nice... But on a Cobra R. On any other vehicle they just look weird to me. The front lip is too big, especially for having it on a dd and being lowered your going to scrape everywhere, not mentioning if you hit a curb when you pull up to a parking spot your gonna need a new front bumper. As far as buying a new front clip, DO NOT go with fiberglass. I promise if you do your going to regret it, and have a mess on your hands. The reason I say this is because fiberglass does not flex at all, when it does flex, it cracks or snaps. What your going to want to look for is a duraflex type plastic. In the long run you'll be happy, where as if you went with fiberglass it may last a month or two, but eventually it's going to start cracking. For example, if you have ever taken a front clip off any car you'll notice how much it flexes. You can pretty much twist the damn thing in a spiral and not have problems. Now try doing that with fiberglass. No flex at all, it'll crack, snap and there goes $150 spent on trash. You should definitely look into the 01' Cobra front clips. They look pretty aggressive imo, and is a really great touch to the front end of a NE, in any color.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts