Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im buying three cobra r's from a friend, he had them and got hit and one was smashed so hes selling me the other three, only problem is they are replicas and the 4th i ordered last night is real, are they identical or extremely close, or does it just matter on where the replicas are from, any info would be great, thanks

·
I liek gramer
8,245 Posts
they should be pretty close. I don't know why you didn't just order another rep?

I have replicas, and the worse thing about them is the number of weights it took to balance them. Of course, this isn't a problem at all. Just let the tire place handle that one. The "Product of China" on the box didn't really help me out much, but i got over it when i got my bank statement. :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i woulda bought another replica but i didnt know they were till after i ordered the first one, i went and looked at the other three tonight and realized it, ill have to buy new center caps so they all match but hopefully other then that its all good

·
I liek gramer
8,245 Posts
yeah, that's understandable. Good luck with them.

Keep an eye on this thread too, someone who knows more than I may come in with more info. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can get center caps from many different places and they should look just about the same the only thing that might look different are the wheel coloring because of age

·
Registered
126 Posts
IF PUSH COMES TO SHOVE AND THEY LOOK A LITTLE DIFFERENT ORDER ANOTHER AND RUN 2 ON EACH SIDE.. YOU MIGHT CAN NOTICE ONE NEXT TO THE OTHER BUT NOT ON OPPOSITE SIDES.. AND CONGRATS ON THE WHEELS :cool:

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
just order another replica... so they match they are probably afs brand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea if there real different ill just bite the bullet and buy a new replica and sell the real one, hopefully there not tho, im exited tho i think they will look great, there just 17s and not chrome or anythign but im not into the real flashy stuff, i think they will look great tho, ill post pics when i get them on

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
keep it if its rather close, and some how incorp it into the car lol hum... mount it int he back seat with a tire ... yea thats it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts