Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased the Ford Racing Cobra R 2000 hood for my 03 v6.It should be on and finished next week.My ride is Oxford white,man I hope it looks good...can't wait.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Me want pics....oxford white rules lol

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i was gonna get that hood wiht a roush s3 front but... i went with teh 03 stuff its a nice hood fits great with the roush front.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't decided whether or not I'll change out the front bumper.I'm going to have a supercharger installed soon.Just kinda doing things as I can afford them.The worthwhile improvements aren't cheap.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's an update:
The body shop called,asked if I could stop down.They were concerned about fitment.I went down and checked it out.Looks sweet,just a little stubborn to get the latch to close-takes a little effort.Its all good,I told em' go ahead and paint it.The seam is perfect around the fenders.I'll check out the latch myself, but I think its fine.Hell,thats why I bought the hood made by Ford,I wanted a good fit.Anyway,Thursday or Friday and she'll be back on the road.I think I'm gonna like the new look!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Pics!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Here's an update:
The body shop called,asked if I could stop down.They were concerned about fitment.I went down and checked it out.Looks sweet,just a little stubborn to get the latch to close-takes a little effort.Its all good,I told em' go ahead and paint it.The seam is perfect around the fenders.I'll check out the latch myself, but I think its fine.Hell,thats why I bought the hood made by Ford,I wanted a good fit.Anyway,Thursday or Friday and she'll be back on the road.I think I'm gonna like the new look!
Consider hood pins. Just a warning.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Dom said:
yes this is a good idea countless i have seen countless people have there hood fly open while going at high speeeds because aftermarket hood dont close as well as stock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dom said:

If I pin it,I hope there are some availible that are not real obvious.The one thing that kind of surprised me is it has no insulation on the underside.I'm wondering if I can insulate it myself,or if it is even needed.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Insulation isn't required....alot of ppl actually pull the insulation off the hood...

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
it doesnt do alot of anything, i think it tries to deaden the sound to but who cares, when i got my new hood installed I never bothered to put the insulation on it, no problems

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got my ride back yesterday eve.Woooo!!Totally sweet.I'll try to get some pics up soon.My car is covered with snow at the moment.Damn winter.....
The shop did a great job.I'm glad I took it to a pro.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts