Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the cobra take-off from a 2001 would be any different of an install than the gt takeoffs that are so popular? Thoughts please.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You could use them, but not the tail pipes, you would have to put turn downs on the mufflers. I have a set I could let go for cheap too if anyone is interested, they would fit Tbirds with IRS too. You couldn't use the tail pipes on a non IRS car. They are just 2 1/4 pipes, same as GT takeoffs, mine are from an 03 Cobra, only have like 4K miles on them. Another thing, not sure how you would go about hanging them up, the hangers on the Cobra system are on the tailpipes, you could probably rig something or get a muffler shop to rig something up though.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yep, all have 2 1/4, they wish they came with 2 1/2" piping. The 03s get a big hp boost just by going to 2 1/2 inch pipes and modified intakes I hear. The one I did the swap with had an offroad H and stock catback, you should have heard it with my Magnaflow 2 1/2 inch system on it, I could hear him coming like a block away!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Maybe, I think the Cobra Mufflers might sit a little bit farther back. The Magnaflows wouldn't fit on mine with the IRS installed on it though. The pipes on it were made to go over the axle. :oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts