Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so yesterday it was a beautiful fall day in MI. 60 and sunny. So I went to a road course track with my buddy in 2010 GTF. After about 3 hours and 20 laps, I was in my 4th cooling down time and went to start my cobra back up and itwould not start. Turns over great. Seems like NO fuel! Every thing seemed right so I have a mechanic from up the road come out and run the code on it.

Code read: Bad fuel pressure sensor. $0 part, and I odered that from A.M. already. OK but will that really make my mustang not start at all? Seems like that might be a pump problem and the code tells me that the sensor is bad because there is not fuel from the pump, which then would cause the sensor to throw a code. But the pump turns on and runs every time I turned the key on. HUMMMM.

What do you all think? Has anyone else had this problem. My turner buddy mentioned it might be fuel line blow off from the pump in the tank. That seems to be a better diagnosis. But still not sure.

Anyway, my car was put inside an empty garage till I can get back to it. I am an hour away from the track so i have to be sure I have everything with me just in case.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys/gals

PS! The track was a blast, first time on a race track like that. It was Gingerman Raceway Gingerman Raceway, Ltd. for all you Midwestern peps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm not a mechanic, but every fuel pump issue I've ever seen the pump just quits. So I'd say it is a sensor issue. I had a 00 Mitsubishi galant and there was a camshaft position sensor that went bad. And the darn thing stalled my car, and locked the steering,all the while I'm goin down a hill. Pretty bad situation,but it turned out to be the sensor. $80 and she was as good as new. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a mechanic, but every fuel pump issue I've ever seen the pump just quits. So I'd say it is a sensor issue. I had a 00 Mitsubishi galant and there was a camshaft position sensor that went bad. And the darn thing stalled my car, and locked the steering,all the while I'm goin down a hill. Pretty bad situation,but it turned out to be the sensor. $80 and she was as good as new. Hope it all works out for you.
Thanks, makes me feel better. Changing the sensor will take less than an hour. keep my fingers crossed I guess!

·
Registered
42 Posts
drusmith said:
Thanks, makes me feel better. Changing the sensor will take less than an hour. keep my fingers crossed I guess!
Like any car problem, its always trial and error. Until success! Good luck man!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I saw on Facebook!
Unfortunately I'm useless to this, but what happened with the tow truck and your front bumper?!?!?!?!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts