Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can I do to fix it, please help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Year? miles? thats a bank 2 lean code, could be from many things...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1995,V6, auto, 89.950 miles

Bank 2 is the passenger side correct?
Oh, and I've just fixed my head basket blow out on both sides 2-3 months ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
With that many miles I would replace both with Motorcraft O2s (not bosch). HGs blowing has also been known to kill O2s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
justin00stang said:
With that many miles I would replace both with Motorcraft O2s (not bosch). HGs blowing has also been known to kill O2s.
I've replaced the O2's, with bosch though :eek::
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What will happen to the car when it's lean? I know it's not good and all that and I don't drive my car until I get it fixed, just wondering :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
NorwegianMustang said:
What will happen to the car when it's lean? I know it's not good and all that and I don't drive my car until I get it fixed, just wondering :)
On a low HP NA engine, nothing really. I run my truck 17:1 on occassion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's basicly stock, just CAI and exhaust mods on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any ideas of what it can be? I really need help over here :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
redfire2003 said:
i would replace the dpfe sensor. most of the time they get moisture in them. replacing the egos will not get rid of the problem.
dpfe? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
NorwegianMustang said:
Any ideas of what it can be? I really need help over here :(
P0174, Bank 2 lean (driver's side), fuel adaptive system @correction limit (trying to increase fuel and it can't). You changed O2's with bosch......were they the universal type (have to do wiring and use original connectors) or, were they replacements with the connectors?

Anyway....the following is a list to check before doing any additional replacements:
- Check MAF hose connections for air leaks, loose connections, hoses not connected and the CAI.
- Any vacuum line (specially on the driver's side bank) that may have a leak.
- Is your PCV connection OK?, is the PCV valve OK?
- A leaking EGR valve gasket or EGR valve not completely closed.
- Any exhaust leaks on the system? Headers gaskets OK?
- and last but not least, check that the oil dip stick is properly seated......believe it or, not.....this can also cause that code.

If everything turns out fine, you'll have to get into checking the fuel pressure, monitoring actual O2 sensor output and so on..........

Otherwise, you can replace the left O2 sensor with a Motorcraft replacement and see how it turns out. LUK/GL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joel5.0 said:
P0174, Bank 2 lean (driver's side), fuel adaptive system @correction limit (trying to increase fuel and it can't). You changed O2's with bosch......were they the universal type (have to do wiring and use original connectors) or, were they replacements with the connectors?

Anyway....the following is a list to check before doing any additional replacements:
- Check MAF hose connections for air leaks, loose connections, hoses not connected and the CAI.
- Any vacuum line (specially on the driver's side bank) that may have a leak.
- Is your PCV connection OK?, is the PCV valve OK?
- A leaking EGR valve gasket or EGR valve not completely closed.
- Any exhaust leaks on the system? Headers gaskets OK?
- and last but not least, check that the oil dip stick is properly seated......believe it or, not.....this can also cause that code.

If everything turns out fine, you'll have to get into checking the fuel pressure, monitoring actual O2 sensor output and so on..........

Otherwise, you can replace the left O2 sensor with a Motorcraft replacement and see how it turns out. LUK/GL
The O2's where universals, had to do some wiring. Gonna check that out for sure.
What is the part number for the Motorcraft replacement O2's?

I do have a exhaust leak, but it's on the driver side :uhh:

The PCV is the valve on top of the passenger valve cover right?

Head gaskets have been changed due to a blown gasket on each side.

EGR is the connection to the TB right?

Will also check the oil dipstick


Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
NorwegianMustang said:
The O2's where universals, had to do some wiring. Gonna check that out for sure.
What is the part number for the Motorcraft replacement O2's?

I do have a exhaust leak, but it's on the driver side :uhh:

The PCV is the valve on top of the passenger valve cover right?

Head gaskets have been changed due to a blown gasket on each side.

EGR is the connection to the TB right?

Will also check the oil dipstick


Thank you
Driver side bank of cylinders is bank #2.....if you have an exhaust leak in that side.......you may have found your culprit cause for the code setting.....I would double check the O2 wiring, though.
EGR is the valve that recirculates exhaust gas during partial loading of the engine. GL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Joel5.0 said:
Driver side bank of cylinders is bank #2.....if you have an exhaust leak in that side.......you may have found your culprit cause for the code setting.....I would double check the O2 wiring, though.
EGR is the valve that recirculates exhaust gas during partial loading of the engine. GL
Cool thanks, I've been told that bank #2 is passenger side, so I've consentraded on that side. Guess I better fix that leak, if it only could stop raining and not be too cold to roll over under the car.

Thank you :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
I believe bank 1 is the passenger side.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top