Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you can upgrade to some caster/camber plates (but i would recommend springs etc so they are needed) those always look great.

·
Registered
598 Posts
WTF? LOL He is talking about the spark plug coil covers.

I guess it all boils down to budget & what you want. Do you like the OEM Blue Boss ones? Have the cash for them? Or do you want a custom color?

Personally I'm looking at the Ford Motorsports aluminum ones. A little spendy, but IMHO they look great & are different.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
claudermilk said:
WTF? LOL He is talking about the spark plug coil covers.

I guess it all boils down to budget & what you want. Do you like the OEM Blue Boss ones? Have the cash for them? Or do you want a custom color?

Personally I'm looking at the Ford Motorsports aluminum ones. A little spendy, but IMHO they look great & are different.
I was looking at the aluminum ones too but since its my DD I'm scared that they will start to look bad because of the elements... Road salt will destroy them I think...?

·
Registered
903 Posts
I done mine myself as you can see in pics and looks like they were bought.....Flawless!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
I was looking at the aluminum ones too but since its my DD I'm scared that they will start to look bad because of the elements... Road salt will destroy them I think...?
Can't be any worse than my stock one. It is rusted brown all the way around.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
DDTCM said:
He's talking about the coil pack covers.....
Yeah not sure what happened...I was in the drive shaft thread and ended up here saw that comment and responded.

Wooooooops. Been a long week. My apologies.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I done mine myself as you can see in pics and looks like they were bought.....Flawless!
I thought about doing the same exact thing and saving the cash since it's a cosmetic mod, and not performance related. That really makes it look nice in there, i'm sold...gonna do them asap!

+1 on the what kind of paint did you use? I know you can get Krylon made just for plastics, just wondered about the heat in there...if it might crack and peel and look like junk after a while.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Use engine paint, very durable

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
image-2609305855.jpg I used rusoleum's indoor/outdoor paint for plastic, metal or wood. It's not high heat and it's about $7 a can I'm not sure what the color was but there's no other close to it so its easy to spot. I popped off my coil covers and cleaned them with alcohol. I let them air dry and then gave them about four coats each. No primer, no sanding. It's been about 2 years and I haven't had any issues wiping them down. They are holding up nicely.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I found two good options for this project, i'll check at the parts store locally first to see if they carry them, but if not Amazon has them.

I was looking for one which was both for use on plastics, and for use with high temp areas.

Amazon.com: PlastiKote 205 Old Ford Blue Engine Enamel - 12 Oz.: Automotive

Dupli-Color DE1616 Ceramic Pontiac Blue Metallic Engine Paint - 12 oz. : Amazon.com : Automotive

I'll have to check out the rusoleum options too, so I can get that color, that's what I really want is to match it up the best I can.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Paint them, and if you screw it up I have an extra pair I would let go for a small fortune.

Or you could just buy them prepainted from AM and then have an extra pair to sell for a small fortune. LOL

What color you going with?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Advanced Auto sells it. Dupli-Color. Long day!
Thanks, love the blue on blue, my car is the same Grabber Blue so I know what mine will look like when it's done. That looks exactly like what I want, i'll head over and pick that up tomorrow and hopefully get it done in the next few days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The paint code is DE 1601 Ford Blue. It's a perfect match to grabber blue. I cleaned them with alcohol and put a couple of thin coats then came back with 2 solid coats and they turned out perfect. I think the can says wait 10 minutes between coats. I also found a company that sells inserts for the powered by ford logo in all colors. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts