Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the painted coil covers on American muscle for $200. I think some whit ones would look pretty damn good on my car but I think I can do it myself for much cheaper... Like ~$10. I was wondering if any else has tried it. I'm worried about the heat messing with the paint. I have some factory performance white spray paint but I don't think it will like the temps under the hood.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have and several have on here.I used 500* dupli-color and then 500* dupli-color clear.Just took a 450 mile round trip and they look like they were done by the Factory.I am happy with it!!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I saw those too, they look BA!

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

I have and several have on here.I used 500* dupli-color and then 500* dupli-color clear.Just took a 450 mile round trip and they look like they were done by the Factory.I am happy with it!!
Did some quick research on this, they don't have exact paint code matches available from duplicolor, but they do have generic colors. I suppose it depends exactly how picky you are...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I personally think 200 bucks is a rip off........... I did mine myself using regular car paint for about 10 bucks and I have run my car hard on the autobahn and no heat issues with the paint whatsoever

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M3to5.0 said:
I personally think 200 bucks is a rip off........... I did mine myself using regular car paint for about 10 bucks and I have run my car hard on the autobahn and no heat issues with the paint whatsoever
Did you do all the paint yourself? It looks really good an I think I might want to do something similar with black and white.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great, thanks! I think I found a project for the upcoming weekends. I wish I could take my stang on the autobahn. After I get my masters I plan on moving to Europe to find a job as a mechanical engineer for a car company. Don't know if I'll bring my mustang with me.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I agree! If I had a little more talent, I would do it myself, but with my luck I would screw them up. It’s easier for me to pay the $200 and not have to worry about messing them up. I do love what you did with the engine accents.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I agree! If I had a little more talent, I would do it myself, but with my luck I would screw them up. It’s easier for me to pay the $200 and not have to worry about messing them up. I do love what you did with the engine accents.

Hell for 200 bucks plus paint and shipping I will do your engine cover AND coil covers:good:

·
Registered
32 Posts
M3to5.0 the reason I registered is to tell you, I'm stealing that paint work.lol It looks very nice, I've done the coil covers blue already but it just doesn't look as good now after seeing yours. And on the faux gas lid I just painted the outside black, left the center and the chrome ring alone, to match where I painted the trunk.

·
Registered
537 Posts
M3to5.0 the reason I registered is to tell you, I'm stealing that paint work.lol It looks very nice, I've done the coil covers blue already but it just doesn't look as good now after seeing yours. And on the faux gas lid I just painted the outside black, left the center and the chrome ring alone, to match where I painted the trunk.

Hey thanks.... that is a helluva compliment. BUT...... you should have registered because this is the BEST Mustang forum on the web:headbang:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts