Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adjustable Struts

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone instaled or does anyone know of any coilovers out there for our cars? ive found lowering springs and adjustabal struts.. but what i want are coilovers... anyone find any or have any instaled PLEASE let me know im dying over this... Thanks you!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Why would you prefer lowering springs instead of coil overs? Arent' coil overs suppsoed to improve handling over the plain lowering springs?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Horse said:
Why would you prefer lowering springs instead of coil overs? Arent' coil overs suppsoed to improve handling over the plain lowering springs?
Correct.But it takes alot more money to do coilovers then to just buy springs.

Coilovers are about 500.00 bucks + Good shocks and struts 500.00+ CC plates 200,Then if your going to have somebody else install the stuff then your looking at about 400.00. i paid about 1200 bucks for my suspension that's including Coilovers ,shocks, struts and CC plates.I installed everything myself.

Now for springs you dont really need shocks and struts but it wouldn't hurt...also you might need cc plates but it wouldnt be a bad idea to get them.
Springs $200 cc plates $200 S&S 350 = 750

Springs do not come close the control of having coilovers.Trust me i've driven a car with h&r's with bilsteins and i drive mine with coilvers and kyb's (soon to be Koni Double adjustables) and it doesnt compare.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have heard that you need shocks and struts if you get lowering springs. . . that your stock ones will fail within a few months once you lower it.

is this not true??? :wtf: :wtf:

if i can do springs without shocks, i might just do it by the end of summer as well. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
22 Posts
el cheapo said:
i have heard that you need shocks and struts if you get lowering springs. . . that your stock ones will fail within a few months once you lower it.

if i can do springs without shocks, i might just do it by the end of summer as well. :mrgreen:
Stop being a cheap ass and get shocks and struts to go with the new springs. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just put in my coil over kit on the front. After 40 miles I give them the edge over springs. Just watch Ebay for a good deal. And get the shocks and struts too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Kenny Brown makes a coil over kit that's $1500 that replaces the stock a-frame too, and changes the wheel base by one inch. It makes it longer I believe. Any ideas on the inprovement, if any, that would make over just using the stock A-frame?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Horse said:
Yes, what slow232 said.

We all have slow, cheap, V6 Mustangs. Unless you're going all out, lowering springs will be just fine. If you're building a road car or a drag car, then that's different. 95% of the people here though would be best off with lowering springs.

·
Registered
941 Posts
el cheapo said:

Nothing will "fail", it just won't perform half as well as they will with matching shocks/struts. Don't sweat it, just keep a look out for some cheap tokico or bilsteins.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
My car will handle better now than I am willing to take the chance to drive it, if I handled better it would just be a waste of money, and I have a modified GT, lol!!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the ONLY reason i would get coil overs is if you are really wanting to get out there and autox and etc. cuz you will adjust them and leave them be....they cost alot more than spings. i would just buy springs and be done with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts