Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Try searching. I don't remember but I've read a ton of threads on here about cutting springs. I think it was cut 1.5 coils off the front and 1.25 off the back but look it up first.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I've cut several, just remember once you cut them you can't put it back. Ride quality generally suffers

·
Registered
221 Posts
If u want to do it rigvht I got SVE 2" lowering springs and I love em. Best part is they are only $100 at latemodelresto.com

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
If u want to do it rigvht I got SVE 2" lowering springs and I love em. Best part is they are only $100 at latemodelresto.com
right is a relative term....to me right is what performs for what you need. and oem springs are wonderful for most needs when cut :good: best weight transfering springs for no cash down lol

@op i've done about 10 new edges now...i always cut 1.25 coils off the front and 1 coil off the back. gets you almost a 1.5" drop in the front...pull the isolators to gain around another 1/4" drop. Ride quality gets a bit stiffer but that's perfectly fine by me. if you're curious on cutting methods check out this...it's for a cobra however it's similar to working on an sn95

The Complete How To Cut Your Stock Springs Thread - SVTPerformance

·
Registered
221 Posts
right is a relative term....to me right is what performs for what you need. and oem springs are wonderful for most needs when cut :good: best weight transfering springs for no cash down lol

@op i've done about 10 new edges now...i always cut 1.25 coils off the front and 1 coil off the back. gets you almost a 1.5" drop in the front...pull the isolators to gain around another 1/4" drop. Ride quality gets a bit stiffer but that's perfectly fine by me. if you're curious on cutting methods check out this...it's for a cobra however it's similar to working on an sn95

The Complete How To Cut Your Stock Springs Thread - SVTPerformance
True, I'm more into auto cross than drag so I was thinking more more in that area. Also I've only tlked to one person who cut their springs an I guess he didn't do it right if u have cut 10 with no prob.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Anybody cut their coil springs on a sn95?? How much did you cut? How much drop did you get? Post pics!!
I wouldn't recommend cutting your springs, it would be better to buy new springs. The ride of your car wouldn't be very good. I bought SR performance lowering springs and it made my car look real nice and drives even smoother.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Their not exactly smoother riding, but If you want it substantially lower, the H&R SS springs give a 2in drop in front and 1.6in in the back. Cutting springs compromises spring flex so i wouldn't recommend it. Get new shocks with a new springs tho because lowering springs will be tough on them. I left out the isolators as well. Another 1/4in drop. Just my .02 tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts