Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for the best bang for the buck? Want the performance but not wanting to waste money just for the name.. If u know what I mean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Silver...

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

BenGT07 said:
Silver...
Go on AM and look at their combos and pick the colors you like best :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Damnyer said:
Any suggestions for the best bang for the buck? Want the performance but not wanting to waste money just for the name.. If u know what I mean
+1 on what bengt07 said..AM has a good selection of combos! I have the jlt cold air and SCT programmer and love it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Handle this ... I know what u r gonna say.... But yes another cai question... Just looking for advice from someone who already has one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Damnyer said:
Handle this ... I know what u r gonna say.... But yes another cai question... Just looking for advice from someone who already has one
You could also try Craigslist, not to long ago there were plenty for good prices in my area. Not sure about pennsylvania. If your on a budget Id go that route, you can probably find them for half the price! Just my 2 cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Call brenspeed and tell them what you have and they will walk you through the steps from there!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Jboogie said:
If I buy one off craiglist how do I get the tune for my car
You make sure you have an unmarried programmer when you buy it. You will have to pay for the tunes from Bama, brenspeed, or who ever you prefer for a custom tune. They send you emailed tunes based on the info you give them about the parts you have on your car then you upload on your programmer. I use Bama through American muscle but because I bought my programmer through them I get free tunes for life so it is pretty good to buy from them if you plan on changing a lot of parts on your car. But like I said if your on a budget you could buy one from craigslist and just buy a tune. Hope this makes sense to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
S197STANG said:
You make sure you have an unmarried programmer when you buy it. You will have to pay for the tunes from Bama, brenspeed, or who ever you prefer for a custom tune. They send you emailed tunes based on the info you give them about the parts you have on your car then you upload on your programmer. I use Bama through American muscle but because I bought my programmer through them I get free tunes for life so it is pretty good to buy from them if you plan on changing a lot of parts on your car. But like I said if your on a budget you could buy one from craigslist and just buy a tune. Hope this makes sense to you.
Yeah brenspeed does the same thing once you either buy a programmer from them or buy a tune from them any parts you buy from them that requires a tune, they will update it for free and email it to you with your upgrades. I just prefer brenspeed over bama tunes but thats just me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Jboogie said:
Yes it makes since can u tell a difference when u get a tune all I have done exhaust and bbk cai is jti better?
Well I've heard people enjoy their JLT intake and as for if you will notice a difference, you should get better throttle response and if you have an auto they can change the shift points and make for a better performance but you should feel a difference for the better in some way but if you add more like cams and heads it will be even better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I bought the super chip I like it but I can't use a cold air intake with it it always brings up a code (too lean ) so I had to toss the cold air intake .its strange how every else is Able to run the both of them . bUT NOT ME :-(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Jboogie said:
Yes it makes since can u tell a difference when u get a tune all I have done exhaust and bbk cai is jti better?
Yes you will definitely tell a difference from stock! More throttle response as some one just said up above! My mpg's also went up, but I drive 80 miles a day round trip so thats why i can tell. You will definitely love it, it also makes it more fun to drive when you wanna put your foot down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,627 Posts
Pattyboy said:
I bought the super chip I like it but I can't use a cold air intake with it it always brings up a code (too lean ) so I had to toss the cold air intake .its strange how every else is Able to run the both of them . bUT NOT ME :-(
It's because you bought a pos "chip" I'm not bashing you BTW... the chip is not intended for modded cars...
 

·
Loc: Austin,TX
Joined
·
5,980 Posts
Any suggestions for the best bang for the buck? Want the performance but not wanting to waste money just for the name.. If u know what I mean
Alot of times as simple search will get you an answer faster than making a new thread about a subject that has been beat to death. All the answers above are pretty spot on though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
DDTCM said:
Alot of times as simple search will get you an answer faster than making a new thread about a subject that has been beat to death. All the answers above are pretty spot on though.
+1^
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top