Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a cold air intake on my 03 v6 mustang and followed the directions to the dot! Except the temperature sensor because my car doesn't have one, and I just plugged it with a rubber plug. I get this weird whistling noise when I turn it on close to where the air filter is and the noise gets smaller as the car worms up. I dont know what it is and its been bothering me for months help!! By the way im new to this! Thank u all

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
all cai's will do this...in fact my stock intake without the silencer does this..once the car warms up it goes away for the most part. not a big deal...just something you'll have to get use to. you can always double check the connections but most likely its just the normal cai whistle

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
*facepalm*
Derp

·
Registered
304 Posts
How do you not like that whistle sound? Expecially if its loud enough to hear it from inside you car :)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Bamman said:
How do you not like that whistle sound? Expecially if its loud enough to hear it from inside you car :)
+1 it sounds awesome :)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
don't waste your money unless you just have cash to burn...just get a drop in filter and pull your air silencer..tada a CAI

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Lol, do you actually have the k&n filter in there or did you just slap a sticker on the housing? :p kidding
i had a couple k&n filters lying around so i tossed one in there..i just put the sticker on there because it looked bare lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
Are the replacment k&n air filters worth buying did any one notice a difference in mpg's or power?

·
Registered
420 Posts
ogalvan35 said:
I installed a cold air intake on my 03 v6 mustang and followed the directions to the dot! Except the temperature sensor because my car doesn't have one, and I just plugged it with a rubber plug. I get this weird whistling noise when I turn it on close to where the air filter is and the noise gets smaller as the car worms up. I dont know what it is and its been bothering me for months help!! By the way im new to this! Thank u all
Post a pic :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts