Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used or gotten to see the BBK cold air intake that doesn't need a tune? Is it just as good or do what it says even tho it doesn't need to be tuned? I was looking at it an want to get it for my 2010 V6 stand cause I don't have the cash to buy a tuner right now.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought the bbk cai for my '05 v6. Not a huge difference. It was an easy install. It looks great! The whistle is cool.

But, I've since made other upgrades and kind of regret not getting one requiring a tune for the extra performance. The bbk is made of aluminum and will hold heat vs the plastic models. The diameter is smaller (3 inches) so less air. The cai is only part of the whole package (cai, throttlebody, exhaust).

This was my first modded car. I've learned a lot. The people here on this board are very knowledgable. So.. Don't go on just my opinion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JBillone said:
I bought the bbk cai for my '05 v6. Not a huge difference. It was an easy install. It looks great! The whistle is cool.

But, I've since made other upgrades and kind of regret not getting one requiring a tune for the extra performance. The bbk is made of aluminum and will hold heat vs the plastic models. The diameter is smaller (3 inches) so less air. The cai is only part of the whole package (cai, throttlebody, exhaust).

This was my first modded car. I've learned a lot. The people here on this board are very knowledgable. So.. Don't go on just my opinion.
Thanks for your help I was wonder how it could be the same...this is my first car I'm going to mod and don't know too much about what to do and this forum has been a big help already...if anyone else has some info please feel free to weigh in

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Personally I would save up the cash to get one with a tuner!.. A tuner can make a world of difference!..

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Plan your build and do it right the first time through!... You will actually save money in the end!..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eturner said:
Personally I would save up the cash to get one with a tuner!.. A tuner can make a world of difference!..

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Plan your build and do it right the first time through!... You will actually save money in the end!..
I was kind of thinking the same thing...I gonna need a tuner eventually so I might as well weight

·
Registered
58 Posts

I have to agree here

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deadsp0t said:
Everything seen or herd is if it doesn't require a tune it's not worth getting.
That's what I figured...why would people spend the money on a CAI and a tuner if the one without a tuner is just as good

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Keep an eye out on American Muscle!.. Some times they will do like a combo deal!.. Same thing with others like CJponyparts!.. It will save you a few bucks!..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eturner said:
Keep an eye out on American Muscle!.. Some times they will do like a combo deal!.. Same thing with others like CJponyparts!.. It will save you a few bucks!..
Thanks i will...I'm on there just about every day...I just spent $200 on there today! I'm addicted

·
Registered
723 Posts
RedToplessPony said:
That's what I figured...why would people spend the money on a CAI and a tuner if the one without a tuner is just as good
I think a more accurate representation is that you won't see stacked increases with CAI plus tune. CAI by itself gives you some boost, and the tune definitely gives you some additional power and torque, but the whole is less than the sum of the parts.

I bought a tuner first since I got gears first and then bought the CAI. I can't tell a big power increase, but it sounds great :) For ~$250, it was a good investment for me!

If you haven't done anything yet, I'd say get the tuner first, then the CAI of you still want it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
illestdomer2005 said:
I think a more accurate representation is that you won't see stacked increases with CAI plus tune. CAI by itself gives you some boost, and the tune definitely gives you some additional power and torque, but the whole is less than the sum of the parts.

I bought a tuner first since I got gears first and then bought the CAI. I can't tell a big power increase, but it sounds great :) For ~$250, it was a good investment for me!

If you haven't done anything yet, I'd say get the tuner first, then the CAI of you still want it.
Thanks...I'll prob get both in one of the packages from AM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts