Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 gt and not sure what to get. I was looking at the ford racing cai and sf3 tuner or the c&l racer cai and sf3 tuner.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Not so sure about your year car,but JLT is very perferred CAI.I personally would stay away with any that has metal.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have to agree with this guy above me. Stay away from the metal ones. It defeates the purpose of a "cold air" intake. Ha, never got that one.. Most of the brands are pretty much the same in terms of gains. Its the fitment you gotta worry about. You might want to check out american muscle, they should have some tuner cai combo packs. They have always been pretty good to me.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I have a 07 gt and not sure what to get. I was looking at the ford racing cai and sf3 tuner or the c&l racer cai and sf3 tuner.
I have the 07 GT also, I went with the "Steeda - Carbon Fiber - High Flow Elbow" CAI. It's great, no complaints, and used the SCT Tuner (Custom Tune).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brad.krieg said:
I have to agree with this guy above me. Stay away from the metal ones. It defeates the purpose of a "cold air" intake. Ha, never got that one.. Most of the brands are pretty much the same in terms of gains. Its the fitment you gotta worry about. You might want to check out american muscle, they should have some tuner cai combo packs. They have always been pretty good to me.
Ya those two I listed were the combo kits from American muscle. There is just so many different one I had no idea what to get. Thanks for all the help everyone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paying the extra for tuner... Is it really worth it? Or possibly somewhere else better to put money?

·
Registered
28 Posts
A tuner is required with most cold air intakes. When you get close to or are at wide open throttle your car goes into open loop. When in open loop the PCM no longer monitors the o2 sensors and sends a programmed amount of fuel to the engine. If it sends the same amount of fuel to the engine at WOT with a cold air intake it will be a much leaner mixture.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright thank you. I just saw that some didn't require a tuner but the one I want does. It's the JLT CAI and sf3 tuner for I believe $599

·
Registered
28 Posts
IMO if an intake doesn't require a tune it's because it's not letting much more air into the engine than stock. Which means it isn't going to add near as much power as one that requires a tune.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have an 08 with the JLT....cheese balls to put in and with the tuner it makes it respond so much better and gives it a little umph!!!! Tuner is a must!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gqsmash said:
I have an 08 with the JLT....cheese balls to put in and with the tuner it makes it respond so much better and gives it a little umph!!!! Tuner is a must!!!
What did you pay for yours? If you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I bought the tuner for 3 something...it was from AM and then my brother actually bought the intake for my birthday from AM also

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Good looking color stang by the way!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gqsmash said:
I bought the tuner for 3 something...it was from AM and then my brother actually bought the intake for my birthday from AM also

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Good looking color stang by the way!!!!
thanks man. Ha like yours too. Don't see to many of our color. Well I don't anyways.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Which CAI and Tuner did you finally deside to go with??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KATO said:
Which CAI and Tuner did you finally deside to go with??
Man I still can't decide which one. Which one would you get or have?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

gqsmash said:
Fort worth
I see. I'm in quitman there by Tyler.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts