Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why the 302 manifold and not the Ford racing manifold with 90MM super cobra jet throttle body the Ford racing cobra jet intake manifold is much less restrictive than the boss intake and it is a very significant improvement over the boss intake couple it with the ffore mentioned throttle body and it's a huge power gain over the 302 only a question as to why you chose the boss over the cobra jet

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why the 302 manifold and not the Ford racing manifold with 90MM super cobra jet throttle body the Ford racing cobra jet intake manifold is much less restrictive than the boss intake and it is a very significant improvement over the boss intake couple it with the ffore mentioned throttle body and it's a huge power gain over the 302 only a question as to why you chose the boss over the cobra jet

Thanks I appreciate it! Well as for the decision on the intake manifold I was originally interested in the CJ but I had just bought a Steeda CAI and I got a good deal on the boss so I went with that. Since that purchase I've looked into the CJ more and I'm considering it. I don't run in the top end as much since it's a daily driver so there are a few things currently pulling rank over that until I have some higher priority completed like suspension and braking. But the to do list is ever evolving so who knows what I'll be in the market for next week! Lol.

Yes I am looking at the Boss intake and headers for my next big upgrade also! :thumb:

I like how the boss intake runs and plus it looks great under the hood. I recently had some kooks 1 3/4 Long Tube Headers installed and man, I love them. With the 3" kooks off-road boss 302 h pipe, catback and the ford racing side pipes this thing sounds really mean and feels good. I would suggest the exhaust first just because it will bring more joy than the intake manifold.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
So wrong in so many ways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So wrong in so many ways

Rap, could you highlight some of the reasons you disagree? I'm admittedly not very informed on the +/-'s of the two in comparison because I know you are very savvy and familiar with these things.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
1. The super CJ is not 90mm
2. The CJ being " much less restrictive " is wrong
3. " verry significant improvement " is wrong
4. " huge power gain over the boss" wrong

Neither one of the manifolds will be worth it unless you plan on spinning to AT LEAST 7500 also.
The CJ is worth 10-15hp over the boss.
Which looks good on a dyno sheet

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1. The super CJ is not 90mm
2. The CJ being " much less restrictive " is wrong
3. " verry significant improvement " is wrong
4. " huge power gain over the boss" wrong

Neither one of the manifolds will be worth it unless you plan on spinning to AT LEAST 7500 also.
The CJ is worth 10-15hp over the boss.
Which looks good on a dyno sheet

Good information, I appreciate it. I've read that the CJ doesn't lose as much low end torque as the boss, could you validate whether or not that is accurate?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Good information, I appreciate it. I've read that the CJ doesn't lose as much low end torque as the boss, could you validate whether or not that is accurate?
That is true. About half of what the boss looses

1 - 14 of 14 Posts