Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm currently in the middle of a cam swap on my wife's 99 GT. I have the stock cams out of the car now, does anyone know if I can use the stock cam gears, and if so, how do I get them off the stock cams and onto the Comp Cams? I'd like to try to use them if possible, it would save me $289 bucks! I'm installing stage 1 Comp Cams. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You are going to have to buy new ones. The newer mustangs were bolt on cam gears
Not all new ones are only the gts witg romeo heads are the ones where the gear is pressed on. If it were a windsor it would have been bolted on. Unfortunately op has romeo heads so he would have to buy stock gears or imo upgrade to adjustable gears

·
Registered
598 Posts
I also agree and take this from personal experience. I would highly recommend changing all chains, tensioners, guides, and gears. If you don't you will be tearing your motor down again and doing the work twice. I also would recommend changing the tensioners to the metal ones. Look on MMR website that had complete kits on sale and you can upgrade to metal tensioners for like another 80 bucks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts