Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that as a group (V6 Mustang fans) we compare our rides a bit too often to the GTs.

What about other legendary V6 performers? One that has been sticking in my head is the 1986 and 1987 Buick Grand Nationals. My step father has one of these 3.8L V6 turbocharged babies and had long since modded it up with a bigger turbocharger and nitrous. He keeps it around just to blow away the young kids and surprise the hell out of them (I think he's 60 now). He's very excited to see what we might be able to do (if I'm willing to invest that much time and money -- I'm still looking at doing my first mod of gears and wheels on my 2013 manual) to my Mustang for a few grand.

While we certainly have lots of horsepower in our ponies, those Grand Nationals had torque like I can barely believe. Ours are newer, more technically advanced and have latest V6 technology behind us. Can we put together a car on par with such a beast? While that Buick was powerful straight from the factory, I understand we'll need substantial mods to make that happen for our own V6s.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Its not out for sale but the prototype did that and that wasn't even fully tuned! The only one who is out is hellion and I'm not spending money on that. The cfm one won't be out for another 2 months though. I'm getting a custom one

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Its not out for sale but the prototype did that and that wasn't even fully tuned! The only one who is out is hellion and I'm not spending money on that. The cfm one won't be out for another 2 months though. I'm getting a custom one
I actually just found the YouTube video! That's crazy 443rwhp 503ft-lbs that's beast!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Except it ran slower than the supercharger which doesn't make sense. But the have the two fastest times of a v6 on the same v6 with different power adders! They obviously know what they are doing, hopefully mine turns out that good

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Except it ran slower than the supercharger which doesn't make sense. But the have the two fastest times of a v6 on the same v6 with different power adders! They obviously know what they are doing, hopefully mine turns out that good
The one in the video was all stock besides the turbo kit right? I think the s/c one had way more mods! But yes I agree they def know what they're doing!! Good luck let us know how ur custom one comes out!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Its the same car the guy had the supercharger then he got the turbo he has their "test" car basically what they strap all their products on to! But I think the only thing that is different is the tires and I think it has a driveshaft and lower control arms but I'm not sure. I'll let you know how it goes for sure

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Its the same car the guy had the supercharger then he got the turbo he has their "test" car basically what they strap all their products on to! But I think the only thing that is different is the tires and I think it has a driveshaft and lower control arms but I'm not sure. I'll let you know how it goes for sure
Good luck hope it all works out for u! Yea keep us updated!!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
It's actually says stock vehicle on the YouTube video. Here's a screen shot!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Yea but I talked to them today and they said it was the same exact car they did all the supercharged stuff with. I guess its because they don't count a driveshaft as and upgrade. Like they aren't going to say stock with a driveshaft. But everything motor wise is stock and its been beat to hell so seems our motors can clearly hold up! S/c went 10.9 at 12 psi and turbo went 11.2 at 12psi and I'm sure it can get cranked up more

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yea but I talked to them today and they said it was the same exact car they did all the supercharged stuff with. I guess its because they don't count a driveshaft as and upgrade. Like they aren't going to say stock with a driveshaft. But everything motor wise is stock and its been beat to hell so seems our motors can clearly hold up! S/c went 10.9 at 12 psi and turbo went 11.2 at 12psi and I'm sure it can get cranked up more
Oh ok. Yea that true they've been beating the hell out of theirs so I'm sure they can hold up pretty good!! Not too shabby!! 8)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I hope so too but I probably wont be pushing 12 all the time I'll probably run around 8 just to be safe
Yea i wouldn't either 8psi seem good to me! Every once in a while tho 12psi would b nice! Haha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts