Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to 100% redo my exhaust from headers all the way back and i was going to get long tube headers with an h pipe.. but i was wondering how much extra piping would i need after i put on the mufflers or would the exhaust tips go back that far? Anything helps.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kinda shop tho? My buddy told me the same thing.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im starting with headers, then after i get those im gonna take measurements and go from there and i might actually go devorced... should i?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No im doing cat backs im going for everything, headers and all just no cats.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Get cats. They offer less power but sounds better with them. Sure people will say other wise but if you were smart youd get the four cats as recommended or two.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Get your headers and buy some cats and buy a cat back then go to an exhaust shop and have them fabricate your divorced pipes.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im going for loud more than power.. lets be honest our v6's arnt ginna be that fast unless you go FI. And cats can be pretty pricey. And how do they add more power?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blackedout said:
What cats? They dont. I meant without the cats theres more power
Oh, my bad. Yea how much do you thing itll cost for the muffler shop to fab somthing up?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I bought MAC longtube headers, set of hi-flow cats, MAC ProChamber, Flowmaster 10 Series mufflers and tail pipes. The shop (Mustang Shop) kept the car for a day and a half to custom pipe in the new system this past spring. Not an easy job. Installation is one thing, correctly placing hangers and completely eliminating vibrations is a whole other job. Labor= $900.00

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Yes mine wasnt far from rob. 800 something. But i ordered borla stinger cat back from american muscle and that was 690 i think so add that together. Then im still waiting on my longtube headers from C J PONY PARTS!!! ordered these 4 weeks ago and still no headers:(

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea im not taking it to a shop.. im gonna get the headers, h pipe and some 44's and fab up everything in my grandpas shop. Im not worried about vibrations and all that. But ive been looking at the pacesetters ive heard good things. And also the macs which do you get more bang for your buck?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like what? Ive done an exhaust on a 42 ford and a 67 fairlane and i havent had any problems.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
I had pypes offroad v6 conversion which means 2 points. One no cats so it was loud. And two pypes is the crappiest exhaust ive ever heard.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts