Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to site first post here i have an issue its a 351w motor good compression in all cylinders 155-160 but in #1 im getting 90-100 in 4to 5 turns but if i continue cranking it will go up to the 155-160 mark any help of what might be the problem

·
Registered
884 Posts
new to site first post here i have an issue its a 351w motor good compression in all cylinders 155-160 but in #1 im getting 90-100 in 4to 5 turns but if i continue cranking it will go up to the 155-160 mark any help of what might be the problem
Howdy if you have not figured this out yet here is my guess. I would say you have a bad oil ring or maybe just stuck. Here is a simple trick to see if it is, pull the plug and spray Marvels mystery oil in the cylinder install compression gage and turn engine by hand and see if the reading goes up and stays there. You maybe able to clean the rings by using a little ATF in your oil I am talking a pint to four quarts of oil run this continually and it will keep the engine clean. I have been doing it for years.

The other way that might get it clean is Marvels mystery oil on top of the piston. Just pull the plug and pour in a few ounces let it sit for a few hours then turn the engine over by hand the work it in. Do an oil change after doing this using the ATF. I also add a quart of ATF to my gas every other fill up about a quart per tank keeps the carb and in my newer trucks fuel injectors clean. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts