Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the compression ratio on 99-04 GT's? What about the new 05 GT's?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I'm not 100% positive, but the 99-04s should be 9.3:1 and the 05s are 9.7:1

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have never heard that about the 99-00 bottom ends, but since I have one, I hope it is correct ;). :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet you would be in trouble if you ran more than 6 pounds of boost with the 05's. :cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was just checkin at comp ratio's on a website and GT and V-6 have a 9.0:1, 99 and 2001 cobra have 9.85:1 and the suprise is 2003 and 2004 cobra's have 8.5:1, i dont know why that is.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
99CobraVert said:
I was just checkin at comp ratio's on a website and GT and V-6 have a 9.0:1, 99 and 2001 cobra have 9.85:1 and the suprise is 2003 and 2004 cobra's have 8.5:1, i dont know why that is.
the new cobras have a lower compression to allow for more boost

·
Registered
298 Posts
232stang said:
the new cobras have a lower compression to allow for more boost
Makes sense to me. 99cobravert, you say that gt and v6 have same compression? I wouldn't have expected that. That info may be useful someday. OT how much slower is your stock vert v.s. a stock coupe?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i dont know how much slower, i think it weighs around 200 pounds more, so i am gonna diet to make up the difference (well not really). Maybe i should tear out some useless stuff on it to reduce weight, like the passenger side airbag and seatbelt, that reminds me to up my wifes life insurance. Im sure it couldnt be more than a tenth of a second slower on the 0-60

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can remove the passenger side airbag? how? :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
99CobraVert said:
i dont know how much slower, i think it weighs around 200 pounds more, so i am gonna diet to make up the difference (well not really). Maybe i should tear out some useless stuff on it to reduce weight, like the passenger side airbag and seatbelt, that reminds me to up my wifes life insurance. Im sure it couldnt be more than a tenth of a second slower on the 0-60
A carbon fiber hood, racing seats, maybe the back seat and some trunk accessories should do it in a better, safer way. Don't wanna risk the wife for 1/10 of a second 0-60 do you? Also this way you get some cool stuff, I love my racing seat.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually carbon fiber hoods are a rip, unless you have the money of coarse. My buddy got a fiberglass hood and he barely noticed the difference when holding them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Js281GT said:
Actually carbon fiber hoods are a rip, unless you have the money of coarse. My buddy got a fiberglass hood and he barely noticed the difference when holding them.
Really now? Some of them take off more than 20 lbs. You'd definitely notice that when you were holding them. I'm not certain on these numbers but I believe mine goes from 41 to 16lbs.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the 99 - 00 have blocks from the romeo plant and thats why they are stronger vs the other 01+s

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
red herring said:
Really now? Some of them take off more than 20 lbs. You'd definitely notice that when you were holding them. I'm not certain on these numbers but I believe mine goes from 41 to 16lbs.
Wow that is pretty good. Ya my buddy said he couldn't really notice the difference. He had a 5.0 & got a 2 inch cowl fiberglass.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know my hood is alot lighter than my five oh was.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Js281, you have a house or apt, if you have a house and a garage and a lot of tools and **** maybe i could bring some beers over sometime and instal a throttle body and inlet pipe, Im still a mustang newb and also have **** for tools and an apartment that gets PISSED when i do mods, they were complaining when i installed my cai

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right now I live with my parents. :disgust: But I have a friends house you can work on your car at. What exit do you live off at the 118 freeway? I am pretty much an acoholic myself. My email address is [email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts