Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friends computer thats running windows95 and I am trying to install 98se on it but the computer wont boot to the cd. I look in bios and the only boot options are a,c

How can I make it read from teh cd?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
On some of those old systems you had to use a floppy disk to do the initial boot then when it comes to the bot up where it has the A:\ prompt you type in E:\ enter
and then type in setup

·
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I am trying to set up dhcp on the computer so it cant connect to the internet. first off it doesnt have ie or anything so I am trying to download netscape on it now... but its not connecting to the internet to get the files for the download.

Its connection is good. I have the tcp/ip set up and the ethernet card in and I am getting green lights yet it will not connect to the internet

I dont have the My Network neighborhood on the desktop either. How do I get that. If I go tot he control panel one all it has is the set up of network cards etc.

Geez windows 95 is old... :oops:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
C:// win95, you blow ass
C:// DOS, accept 98se or you get the sledgehammer

C: sorry boss, please insert cd now.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Because you have to load drivers for the CD rom,

When you dont boot in Windows it dosent load the drivers to run the cd rom.

You hvae to create a boot disk that contains a cd driver.

I have one brent ill send it to u hopefully it will work.

Corey...
About D and E

all that is, is the drive.

THere can be a D: dirve in dos, or E: or ect..
Its whatever u set up your drives at.

Actually with the early bios chips like on the pentium 166 to 233 M/B they require you to prompt to E drive I know it is crazy but it is true. I doa fairly good sideline business business in fixing 166 to 233 computers who are to cheap to buy a new computer because they spent 3000 on there dinosaur when it was new !!!!

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I will send you a 98 Se boot disk if you want me to. you should have it in 2 days or go someplace and borrow a computer and make a boot disk

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Brent said:
Monkey said:

:wtf:
just gotta know how to talk to your computer in DOS mode. if you threaten it properly, it will do whatever you want it to do :D :thumb2:

·
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well I have it going now. I downloaded the retail version of windows98se and have it upgrading to 98 so it should be good for now. After I get 98 installed it will def get easier lol

·
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Monkey said:
Brent said:
Monkey said:

:wtf:
just gotta know how to talk to your computer in DOS mode. if you threaten it properly, it will do whatever you want it to do :D :thumb2:
Thanks for the help :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts