Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WINDOWS\drivers\ipvnmon.sys

My startup halts on this line when this line comes up :oops: .

I did a google search and didnt find anything useful. Does anyone have any information on this? More importantly, do I have to re-install XP?

I cant even start it up in safe mode... and It's pissing me off. Anyone? :-?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i was going to say start in safe mod and do a system restore... but then i read the last line. Startup problems suck... dont know what that is though.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Insert your XP CD, so its the first thing that boots up, and then go through all the steps and do a repair instead of a install, and it should recover the file thats corrupt.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brent said:
Did this just happen all of a sudden? Open any weird emails? There is a newer virus that has started
Just started last night when I got home. No mail or downloads (I rarely surf at home).

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KrazyPony said:
rarely surf, but downloads a lot
Yes. They haven't adapted viruses to jpg's and WMV's... yet.

I'll throw my XP CD in when I get home tonight and see whats up. Hopefullym, it's something it can recover.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Rellik said:
There is no administrator password on my computer. And the time it would take to repair it would be far less that reinstalling all those damn service packs.
when you install winxp pro it requires you to enter a admin password. It did for me. I dunno if you have home edition or what. You dont see the Admin login info until you boot up into safe mode

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I have pro, and it's never asked me for an admin password. It tells me that my password is going to expire and I need to put in a new one... but it's a blank password I just keep re-entering. is that the admin password you speak of?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts