Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a Questions that i need help in here. I have a 2000 Mustang GT
With a Automatic Tranny I have Xipe with No cats, Cold Air Kit, Underdrive Pullys, and 373 Gears, I just got the chip and gears i have Pro M new chip and i was wondering does anyone know, what is a good timing for my car and
some Good Shift Points for my car like at what speed and RPM chould it shift in cause i kno the chips help with the shifting please help me out !

·
Registered
111 Posts
i would have it tuned. Get your A/F straightened out, get the gears calaberated, and have your shifts and timing done thourgh that. Best way to do it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
All of that stuff should have been programmed into your chip. If you have already gotten a chip, its a little late to worry about it, you are sort of stuck with what its programmed for now unless you do go for a dyno tune.

·
Registered
219 Posts
how much does a dyno tune cost normally?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I am not sure really, never had it done. Corey (Danger Dude) on www.v6stangs.com has had a dyno tune done, he should be able to give you a good idea of the cost if no one here knows.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For his combo, I don't really see the benefit of dynotuning it. I can get it dialed in...we have worked on enough of these. A dyntoune is worth around $500-600 including dynotime, and I honestly don't see it being wiorth it on his car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
SCT and Black Diablo chips, for example, are reprogrammable. That means if the dyno shop has the software for either one they can put your car on the dyno, collect data, and make adjustments to the chip to make it run better, safer, or to increase power depending on the situation.

I think there is some confusion about dynotuning. Just because a shop has a dyno doesn't mean they can tune an OBD2 96+ car, on a stock car there is nothing that can be manually changed. If you add a AFPR then fuel pressure (and thus delivery) can be slightly adjusted but its a blanket change that does not work well. On older 5.0s blanket timing adjustments can be made which is not the best way to tune.

However, with the proper tuning software hundreds of parameters can be adjusted and the vehicle can actually be truly "tuned".

Most lightly modified NA cars won't benefit from a dynotune, a good chip program will be fine.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yeah, you don't really need a tune until you get a power adder or a lot of bolt ons. It will get you a few hp in a stock car, but that's not really worth the money

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
yeah this threads 4 months old and he hasnt replied since his original post... :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
whipster24 said:
Yeah, you don't really need a tune until you get a power adder or a lot of bolt ons. It will get you a few hp in a stock car, but that's not really worth the money
Depends on the car..Some make great gains even stock, some don't. There are also other benefits.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ZimStang said:
yeah this threads 4 months old and he hasnt replied since his original post... :(
LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts