Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting a chip but don't know which. I got a 2004 3.9L V-6 w/ overdrive(do all have overdriver and are all 2004 3.9L?) and I'm looking to make a few upgrades nothing hardcore. I want room to expand and not have a poorer quality chip then the rest. I'm really looking to increase top speed. Don't want it to cut off at 115, wanna be able to run 160mph. What chip do I get? :confused:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why are my messages being moved from where I post to, V-6 Tech.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
if they're getting moved, you're posting in the wrong forum.

You won't be able to see that kind of gain from just a chip. The only reason you should run that fast, or close to it, is if you're on a track. And I doubt you're headed to the track with just a chip.

I believe it is possible to disable the speed limiter with a chip, but your speedo only goes to 120...

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Chip Questions are the same for all year mustangs and can be put into one forum. The V6 Tech forum is for discussion of The V6 Engine Itself such as Heads, Cams Intakes compression and other core engine parts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know I wont get to 160mph with a chip but I don't want the chip I change into to restrict me from going to 160mph. I plan on doing those mods. I race a lot on freeway and can't compete with V-4s since they go over 120mph and leave me behind.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wait so Hondas, Celicas and the rest aren't V-4 they're Inline 4

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So why are they called inline and what does the V in V-6 and V-8 mean?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it Valves?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So which chip should I get and what should I expect with no other modifications aside from the chip.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
megax29 said:
Is it Valves?
The shape of the block resembles a V... it means that you have 3 cylinders on the left side of the block and 3 cylinders on the right side of the block. Inline all cylinders are inline with each other

1 - 20 of 32 Posts