Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never hear much talk about the computer in mustangs. I think its one of the few bad things with our cars b/c they are american they arnt as crazy as jap cars etc. (countries with better computer tech). Anybody know much about this topic? Also what would be a good chip to buy? Right now I hear the Diablo chip isnt bad, but I dont know jack **** about chips so if anybody has the Diablo tell me about it. Also I need to get my cars top speed up, its maxing out at 110mph cause the damn general I guess, but I want more top speed out of the car. Will a chip help that? Thanks in advance. 8)

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
its called a governor ;) but our computers arent horrible... they do their job anyway. The best chip is by far a fordchip, i think anyone here will tell you that. If you get a fordchip it will take off your governor, change shift points, and basically do anything else you want it to do... id recommend only that chip.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Fordchip is ok, but highly over-rated, and in my opinion no better than a lot of others. I run a Chip from Reinhart Automotive, he is in the Jacksonville FL area, has been in business for over 20 years and is highly respected. www.reinhartautomotive.com

·
Registered
529 Posts
Actually, all of the best technology is in the United States. That is why all of the best and brightest students from all over the world come here to go to college. American cars would be faster if not for the different regulations here.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Trouble is, we design all the technology, then we export it to the far east and elsewhere where its cheaper to have it built, therefore it does look like the computer tech all comes from the far east, its designed here, built there, then imported back here for a lot less than we can manufacturer it here, there is something wrong with this picture, this is why the US is fast becoming a "service oriented" economy and hardly anything is manufactured here any more, this is also why its getting harder to find decent paying jobs here, I blame a lot of it on the Labor Unions. Who knows though?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I tend to agree with ya there.

Dayum liberals *L*

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I will look into the FordChip cause I have heard about it. About how much faster will the car top out at? I went to clearwater this weekend and I couldnt touch over 112... Still had fun with the stang on some long 1 lane roads on the way west across the state and then back east. We drove back from clearwater in about 3 and a half hours. Clearwater is about 300+ miles away from where I live but we did rather well on time. I think we averaged around 95mph.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You need to see what the speed rating is on your tires is before you try going much faster than what your computer will let you go now, that is why your speed limiter is set where it is, because the tires that come on the V6 cars are only good to about 115 mph and then they aren't safe.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The Z rated tires on my GT are good to over 150 mph, I hear the limiter on the GTs is set to about 141mph, when my chip is in place, its raised way higher than that. In fact on the dyno with no chip my car did almost 170 mph. I wouldn't want to do that on any road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Have had superchip, diablo chip, and fordchip flip chip and yes ford chip is dam good but for reburn I have been waiting for 2 months and no reply which leads me to the following does any body know anything about SH MAFterburner ?

184 Posts
i got a fordchip it rules great service and great performance

·
Registered
8 Posts
chip

I Have had superchip, diablo chip, and fordchip flip chip and yes ford chip is dam good but for reburn I have been waiting for 2 months and no reply which leads me to the following does any body know anything about SH MAFterburner ?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I think the more complicated your mods on your car, the more complicated your chip burn and the more likely any chipburner is to screw up, heaven help you if you get a screwed up Fordchip is all I got to say.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
ive heard fordchip is the best

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
A lot of people love their Fordchips, a few of us had a big pain in the rear end with them too, so its a matter of who you talk to really. I do think their customer service is sometimes severely lacking.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
SCT chips are pretty much the new standard chip now. That is what I have in my car, regardless of who burns it, the programming is standard, yes they are really good, mine was done by Reinhardt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts