Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I guess I'm a lil confused? What is the difference between the constant controll relay module & the fuel pump driver module? Does my 00' gt have a relay for both of these? Is so where is it? Any help trouble shooting will be a great help to me for I am still having a fuel system problem? If you have any questions about the car feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge, right now I'm still kinda stumped???

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The CCRM is an assembly containing four relays controlling the:

• PCM power;
  • fuel pump main power;
  • ECT cooling fan low and high speed;
  • AC clutch;
The FPDM controls the voltage fed to the fuel pump, according to "commands" received from the PCM.

The PCM sends a 5% to 50% duty cycle to the fuel pump driver module which then powers the pump at 10% to 100% of full capacity. The FPDM returns a 50% d/c signal to the PCM to indicate all is well.

Signals from the PCM of 0% to 5%, 51% to 67.5%, or 82.5% to 100% are invalid, the FPDM will return a 25% d/c signal to the PCM.

A PCM signal of 67.5 to 82.5% command the fuel pump off, the FPDM will return a 50% d/c signal to the PCM.

More about how that works here.

Here are the wiring diagrams for the CCRM and the FPDM/pump.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CliffyK! Now can you tell me where my CCRM is located because I get different answered from every where and body... Don't know where my Haynes is located @ the moment either?

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Mathew r Wright said:
Thanks CliffyK! Now can you tell me where my CCRM is located because I get different answered from every where and body... Don't know where my Haynes is located @ the moment either?
Please...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
passenger side, by the wheel well under the fender itself, you could possibley get to it from where there is an opening into the fender in the engine bay. where a cold air would go

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1996mustang said:
passenger side, by the wheel well under the fender itself, you could possibley get to it from where there is an opening into the fender in the engine bay. where a cold air would go
Thank you...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts