Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image-3080297357.jpg

Got new spark plug wires from am the blue ford racing one and can't get the smallest wire to fit on cause that gold thing is sticking out to far won't slide down I think they sent me the wrong ones

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not working I think they put the terminal in backwards the long end that is sticking out should be in the wire

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
View attachment 76025

Got new spark plug wires from am the blue ford racing one and can't get the smallest wire to fit on cause that gold thing is sticking out to far won't slide down I think they sent me the wrong ones
That end looks like it is made for the old style coils? :confused:
Did they send any other coil wires?
Sometimes they include both types.
A bit of silicone spray lube will make the boots slide easy on the wires. :good:

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trojan Horse said:
That end looks like it is made for the old style coils? :confused:
Did they send any other coil wires?
Sometimes they include both types.
A bit of silicone spray lube will make the boots slide easy on the wires. :good:
That is the only one that size I called am and sent them a pic of it and never got back to me ill call them today again

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
With that type of distributor cap, the coil wire on the distributor end should look just like the plug wires. You may have gotten a set for an older model or something? You can usually get the correct connector and boot at an auto parts store and just cut that off and replace it. Just be sure to follow the directions in prepping and crimping the connector in place. :good:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Is that wire going to a coil?

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Or is it going to a sparkplug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts