Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 96 SVT Cobra with the Mach 460 audio system. I want to use my iPhone with the system. When I put a cassette adapter in the player it just keeps auto reversing. The cassette player works ok when I put a regular audio cassette in it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is my only option a radio transmitter? Which one is a good one for the price? Thanks in advance. Spiney-Dave

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
I used a radio transmitter when I had the stock stereo in my 02 and it sucked, I recomend upgrading the head unit.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
don't waste your money on the transmitter...you'll hate the sound quality. for less then $100 you could have a decent cd player and the install kit

·
Registered
364 Posts
don't waste your money on the transmitter...you'll hate the sound quality. for less then $100 you could have a decent cd player and the install kit
+1.
Not only will you be able to use your iPhone with your stereo but you will also be able to tune it a lot more. You'd be surprised on how much an aftermarket head unit could wake up your stereo.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will a new head work with the Mach 460 amps and speakers? What about something to close off the area where the factory CD player comes out of? It is below my main radio unit. Thanks, Spiney-Dave

·
Registered
289 Posts
Go to metraonline and enter your cars info. They will give you your dash kit(fills the hole left by the factory radio) and the wiring harness to use (you will want the amp integration harness) the parts are normally around $20 a part at a local radio shop and they can make sure you get the right parts if you are worried about ordering on line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts