Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently started hearing and feeling a clunk at low speeds from my front right suspension. It gets faster with acceleration and is not alway present. What could this be? I have a service appt tomorrow, but I wanted some opinions here. I can feel it in the floor boards. It's the worst around 10-15 mph and on uneven roads. Thoughts?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2012 5,0. It turned out to be a bad LCR.on passenger side. Bad bushings in them!! Ford told me that the had a bunch of bad LCR's come in when building the cars!! Took a while to find what it was until the used a scope on it!! They replaced it and no more problems! Seems like they had a recall on that part!! Take it in to the dealer, and they'll take care of it!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2012 5,0. It turned out to be a bad LCR.on passenger side. Bad bushings in them!! Ford told me that the had a bunch of bad LCR's come in when building the cars!! Took a while to find what it was until the used a scope on it!! They replaced it and no more problems! Seems like they had a recall on that part!! Take it in to the dealer, and they'll take care of it!!!
What is a LCR ?

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dropped it off today and they couldn't diagnose where it was coming from. I am being set up with a rental in the meantime. They ruled out the obvious things like sway bar end links ect... They are however replacing my uca's at the same time for me so everything is good so far.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: so they called me today and said they didn't hear the noise, when they clearly heard it yesterday. They also tried to tell me that I had no catalytic converters and tried to say my progressive auto insurance thing plugged into my CPU was a chip...,WTF!!! And they are trying to say that my progressive insurance "chip" will void my warranty. If they unplugged the insurance thing, I'll lose my 30 percent discount, and I'm going to be pissed.

What is wrong with people : /

·
Registered
169 Posts
Update: so they called me today and said they didn't hear the noise, when they clearly heard it yesterday. They also tried to tell me that I had no catalytic converters and tried to say my progressive auto insurance thing plugged into my CPU was a chip...,WTF!!! And they are trying to say that my progressive insurance "chip" will void my warranty. If they unplugged the insurance thing, I'll lose my 30 percent discount, and I'm going to be pissed.

I had the same issue with mine back in june. It was a popping at low speeds, so I took it to the dealer to have them fix it and they said they couldnt here a noise. I took a service tech for a test drive and sure enough it was making the same noise. Turns out it was some bushings on the lower control arms, they replaced both sides back in june. Now im taking it back in today for the same noise!!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts

Time for a different dealer haha. Though I don't get how you have a car like this and have that monitor on it. Can't be nearly as much fun to drive since they'll watch everything.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Time for a different dealer haha. Though I don't get how you have a car like this and have that monitor on it. Can't be nearly as much fun to drive since they'll watch everything.
It's for my wife. I don't get a discount on mine, but we both need to be tracked. She gets a full 30 on hers. My car gets a 10 percent discount.

I'm beyond mad with these people. Even if the car was tuned and doesn't have cats, what would that have to do with suspension? But like I said, none of that is true, so it bugs me that they just assumed my car was tuned and catless, didn't even bother to check. I can't wait to talk to them in person tomorrow...

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
It's for my wife. I don't get a discount on mine, but we both need to be tracked. She gets a full 30 on hers. My car gets a 10 percent discount.

I'm beyond mad with these people. Even if the car was tuned and doesn't have cats, what would that have to do with suspension? But like I said, none of that is true, so it bugs me that they just assumed my car was tuned and catless, didn't even bother to check. I can't wait to talk to them in person tomorrow...
Well the fact taking off the cats is "technically" illegal, if they work on the car and then you were to be EPA tested and fail they "can" get a nasty fine for it along with having to themselves make your car compliant since they last worked on it. Fines for no cats are like up to 10K for a dealership/shop and 3-5K for the person driving the car.

Not trying to start that argument but that is how stupid the EPA stuff is.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I get that. Update...they called and said they must have got my car confused for another mustang that didn't have cats...hmm I don't trust these guys.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
nosympathy said:
Well the fact taking off the cats is "technically" illegal, if they work on the car and then you were to be EPA tested and fail they "can" get a nasty fine for it along with having to themselves make your car compliant since they last worked on it. Fines for no cats are like up to 10K for a dealership/shop and 3-5K for the person driving the car.

The only way they can fine a dealer, is if they removed the cats themselves.

·
Registered
169 Posts

I think you started an argument lol... I kid I kid

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I test drove it with a tech and now they feel what I'm talking about after they apologized about saying I have no cats and a "progressive insurance tune". I just feel they're going to blame it on my rtr spoiler or some other aftermarket part I have lol. I will never take my car to these guys again.

I can see it now...oh well um sir...the rtr spoiler directs air differently and caused your ball joints to fail.

This is my 8th and possibly last ford I buy. I know things always seem greener on the other side, but The ZL1 is looking pretty good in stock form right now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts