Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, what would you call when you have a removable top but not a full convertible top, kinda like on the supra, del sol, etc. Basically a t-tops without the middle bar?

What do you think it would cost to do this? or even a t-tops conversion on a 01 stang? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
They used to...last time I talked to them. Eventhough now that I look at the site it goes nowhere...lol. O well

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
232stang said:
thety are called targa tops. remember that if you do this be sure to get full length subframe connectors.
Yes, that is an absolute essential. I'd then reenforce between the subframes too. Basically do a brand new subframe system on the car.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
they look out of place on a stang, not as much on 99 up.... but still out of place and the kit is rather nice but... i feel after a little bit it will leak and who knows what else

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
I've thought about trying to do this on mine, even before these kits were out. Just dunno bout it all. I think it'd look pretty sweet if you did it all right.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
cjd10 said:
probably need to take it somewhere for the install
No, you're supposed to be able to do it with a few basic tools and a day or so to do it in.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
I'm thinking about doing it..but after I do everything else to my car. It'll be something to do when I run out of stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
The paint job that first car has made me vomit :lol:

I always liked the T-top look on a 99+. I'm a little sketchy about pre99 though....

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
cjd10 said:
i like it personally on both but only when the damn thing is off :rolleyes:
Yeh def

1 - 20 of 21 Posts