Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My convertible top used to be black, but thanks to the sun it is now a dark shade of gray. Do you guys think this product would work, Is there anything you can suggest, also is there anything I can buy at the local Auto parts store, that way I won't have to wait for delivery and work on it this weekend. thank you
JE

http://www.autogeek.net/forblacbumtr.html

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
232stang said:
new tops are expensive though
:yup:

I don't waht to buy a new top, the top is in perfect condition, it is just the color that has faded a bit due to the sun. I know there are products out there to dye the vert top, I just don't know where to get them or what to get.

·
Banned
321 Posts
Im actually trying to ask around with some guys I know, to find out what your best route would be... Since im not really sure... Ill post some feedback as soon as I hear something.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
haha @ work we just buy a new top, but if thats out, then Dye it. but that will take time and money also. i will c at work friday what we use to dye them if we dont replace.

·
Banned
321 Posts
I was told not to attempt to dye the top yourself... My friend said you should take into a place that repairs or installs tops and have them do it

·
Registered
798 Posts
kaper232 said:
I was told not to attempt to dye the top yourself... My friend said you should take into a place that repairs or installs tops and have them do it
atleast you might get a warranty with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts